Time: 3 hours
Professor G. Ivano
This is an open book examination. Calculators are the only electronic device permitted.
The exam consists of two parts: A (mu
Chapter 15: Psychological Disorders
What well see to understand
- What does it mean to have a mental disorder?
- Defining and classifying disorders
- Anxiety disorders, including OCD and PTSD
- Mood disorders, including depression and bipolar disorder
Chapter 14: Social Psychology
How do individuals respond to other people?
- How we think in relation to other people
- How other people influence not only our thinking but our actions
o Group behaviour
- How we treat eac
Chapter 16: Therapy
- Therapy: how mental disorders are treated, with the help of the knowledge base
- Issues in psychotherapy include: culture, gender, values, effective factors and
types, and the evaluation of psychothera
Chapter 12 Emotions, Stress, and Health
- Emotions, as well as personality, attitudes, behaviours, and responses to
stress can have an impact on our overall health
- Health psychology studies these impacts, as part of the broader field o
MAT 2371: SOLUTIONS TO HOMEWORK 2
We do each part separately:
a: We have
1 = (1 + 2 + 3 + 4) = ,
so c = 10.
b: We have
1 = c(1 + 2 + 3 + . . . + 10) = c(55),
so c = 55 .
c: We have
(x + 1)(x + 2)
MAT 2371: SOLUTIONS TO HOMEWORK 3
Let X be Poisson with mean = 9, so that = 3. We calculate
P[9 6 < X < 9 + 6] = P[3 < X < 15]
= P[X = 4] + P[X = 5] + . . . + P[X = 14]
= e9 + e9 + . . . +
We answer the parts
MAT 2371: SOLUTIONS TO HOMEWORK 4
We do the pieces in order:
(1) Let Z N (0, 1). We have
P[X > 22.07] = P[
= P[Z > 1.75] 0.0401.
(2) We rst calculate the probability that the rst grain weight, X, is less than 20.8
MAT 2371: SOLUTIONS TO HOMEWORK 5
We answer the questions in order:
(1) We have
fX (x) =
f (x, y)dy
xy 2 dy
for 0 x 2. Similarly,
fY (x) =
f (x, y)dx
xy 2 dx
= (2y 2 )
for 0 y 2.
Mid-Term test for MAT2371, Fall 2015.
Introduction to Probability.
Time : 80 minutes
Student Number :
Calculators are permitted. This is an open book exam.
There are 2 short answer questions and 8 multiple choice questions.
The exam will be marked
Chapter 5: Developing Through the Life Span
Topics in this Chapter
Issues to keep in mind:
- Nature and nurture
- Continuity and stages
- Stability and change
- From conception to old age
Types of development:
Chapter 13 Personality
Overview: Ways of Looking at the Self
- Freudian/Psychodynamic views of the Unconscious parts of the self
- Humanistic view of the Self-Actualizing Person
- Examining traits, including the Big Five Factors/Dimensions
- Social and Co
Chapter 10: Intelligence continued
- Assessment refers to the activity and the instruments used to measure
- The challenge is to make these instruments valid (measure what they are
supposed to measure) and reliable (yie
Midterm Examination Solutions
1. A point is chosen at random from the unit disc
S = cfw_(x, y) R2 : x2 + y 2 1.
What is the probability that the distance from the point to the origin is
less than or equal to 1/2?
If A is the event that the distan
Final Examination - Solutions
PART A: Multiple choice.
1. Suppose that 23% of Canadian adults have a pet. Find the probability that
among 3 Ca
October 24, 2013
Time: 80 minutes
Professor G. Ivano
This is an open book examination. Calculators are the only electronic
device permitted permitted. Record your answer to each questio
Final Examination 2014 - Solutions
PART A: Multiple choice
1. What is the probability that the third 6 is observed on the 8th roll of a fair
Midterm Examination - 2014
1. A and B are two events such that P (A B) = .3 and P (A B) = .7.
What is the probability that exactly one of the two events occurs? (Hint:
Draw a picture.)
P (cfw_A B cfw_A B) = P (A B) P (A B) = .7 .3 = .
Midterm Examination (with Solutions)
October 20, 2010
Time: 80 minutes
Professor Raluca Balan
This is an open book examination. Only TI30 calculators are permitted.
Record your answer to each question in
5.0 The Lymphatic System
Chapter 20, Marieb and Hoehn
5.1 Describe the structure and explain the main functions of the vessels
and organs of the lymphatic system
2 parts: lymphatic vessels &
(i) lymphatic vessels: up to 3 L of
Chapter 10: Intelligence
- Definitions of intelligence
o One ability or many?
o The role of creativity and emotional intelligence
- How to construct tests to try to assess intelligence
- Intelligence stability, change, and extremes
Chapter 4: Nature, Nurture, and Human Diversity
Genes: The building blocks of heredity and development
- Genes are parts of DNA molecules, which are found in chromosomes in the
nuclei of cells
Chromosomes and Inheritance
- The human genome i
MAT 2371: SOLUTIONS TO MIDTERM
Question 1. For i cfw_1, 2, 3, 4, let Ai be the event that component i is working. Let W
be the event that the circuit is working. Then
P[W ] = P[A1 (A2 A3 ) A4 )]
= P[A1 A2 A3 ] + P[A1 A4 ] P[A1 A2 A3 A4 ]