A culture's worldview is composed of what it collectively believes and what it collectively
remembers. What is believes and remembers comes from. !
- Belief systems: Spiritual and philosophy traditions and ideologies from which stem values.!
Edward T Hall - father of intercultural communication, many of his theories derive from his own
observations on how people communicate. Recognized that information and meaning are two
different things: all humans receive and proces
Week Four Lectures!
the ability to share ideas and feelings!
a two-way process in which the communications try to achieve a shared meaning!
the process that occurs between individuals via behaviour (verbal or non verbal) that is
Week One Lectures !
Seven Dimensions of Intercultural Competence!
1. The capacity to be exible'!
2. The capacity to be nonjudgemental.!
3. Tolerance and ambiguity. !
4. The capacity to communicate respect. !
5. The capacity to personalize one's knowledg