APES Chapter 7 Notes
If this prop were to pass, then the money made through prop 67 would be put towards
environmental funds, but because it didnt then the stores get to keep the money
Grocery stores cannot give out plastic or paper bags f
APES Chapter 2 Notes
Science is an organized process of asking questions and finding answers
Science is thinking about questions and then ways to reliably answer those questions
An everyday hypothesis is often referred to as a theory
If a hypothesis is te
CHAPTER 7CLIMATE AND BIODIVERSITY
1. Which term describes the temperature, precipitation, and humidity of an area over hours or days?
KEY: Bloom's: Remember
TOP: 7-1 W
Properties of Water Lab
Name: Madelyn Tassiello
Purpose: The purpose of this lab is to understand different properties of water.
Information We Already Know About Water:
1. It can exist in 3 states: solid, liquid, and gas.
2. Its density is 1 g/mL.
The Water Cycle
Main element in the cycle in water
The basic steps are evaporation, precipitation, condensations
Storage of water, water mining, reservoirs like dams, and deforestation are human impacts on
the same cycle
Condensation cloud for
APES: Block 1
October 7, 2016
The Effects of the Location on the Biodiversity
In this lab we determined whether the biodiversity of the senior lawn at Mater Dei Catholic High School
would be higher in sunlight or in shade.
1. Australia has had a huge amount of rainfall. The rainfall has been increasing since about the
1970s and this extra rain has caused the ocean levels to rise. This level rise has brought about
APES Block 1
Located south of the
Alaska to North
Canada), then across
the Atlantic Ocean to
- Specifically in
APES Block 1
Chapter 8 Review
2. What are the two key concepts for this section?
1. Saltwater and freshwater aquatic life zones cover almost three-fourths of the earths surface,
with oceans dominating the planet.
2. The key
1. How is this source of energy naturally created and how is it harvested to be used?
2. What are the advantages of using these sources and what are the disadvantages?
3. What are solutions brought forth to decrease the effects of the disadvantages other
4) Balto is attempting to move a 750 kg sled to prove he is sled dog worthy.
a) If the coefficient of static friction is 0.3, what is the minimum amount of force our hero needs
to move the sled.
b) Using the same force you found in part a, find the accele