Chapter 2 Computer Systems
1) All computers, including desktop and notebook microcomputers, midrange systems,
mainframes, and supercomputers, are made up of the same six basic components. Which of the
following lists is entirely made up
Chapter 7 E-Business Systems
1) A bricks-and-clicks company can be described as all of the following except:
C) integrating offline and online business.
Page Ref: 253
2) In th
Chapter 4 The Data Resource
1) Which of the following statements about managing data is true?
A) Reconciling inconsistent data can require a significant amount of time and money.
B) Potential costs incurred by organizations for data loss
Chapter 10 Methodologies for Purchased Software Packages
1) When considering the purchase of a major software application, managers need to also
consider the following potential downside:
A) It is typically more expensive than custom dev
Chapter 9 Methodologies for Custom Software Development
1) During the feasibility analysis phase of the SDLC, which of the following types of feasibility
is not assessed?
Chapter 3 Telecommunications and Networking
1) Which of the following is a (are) primary reason(s) for networking an organization's
A) sharing of peripherals such as printers
B) sharing of data
C) enables client/serve
HOMEWORK OF CHAPTER ONE
1) Information technology has been described as pervasive in today's world because:
A) Internet connectivity leads to increased privacy issues.
B) today's technology tools are increasingly more complex.
Chapter 5 Enterprise Systems
1) Which of the following is an intraorganizational system?
Page Ref: 189-190
2) What is a characteristic of a system with batch processing?
A) transactions are processed
Chapter 8 Basic Systems Concepts and Tools
1) Which of the following is a type of control that is used to ensure the development of a high
quality, reliable information system?
A) methodology standards
B) system testing
C) system backup
Chapter 6 Managerial Support Systems
1) A computer-based system that allows a police officer to consider a variety of alternatives for
allocating police officers to different neighborhoods is an example of a:
A) group support system.