Application of First-ordered Ordinary Differential Equation
1. A certain radioactive material follows the law of exponential change and has a half life of 38
hours. Find how long it takes for 90% of the radioactivity to be dissipated.
The deflection of the beam is needed for two main
1) To limit the maximum deflection (i.e. ymax yallowable)
2) To determine the reactions in statically indeterminate (SI)
University of Maine Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
CIE 366 Soil Mechanics Laboratory
* Before Lab *
1. Oven dry a 300 to 600 gm specimen of soil.
2. Weigh and record as initial weight.
3. Soak the sp