EH33 Quiz 4
1) What tissues make up a vein (vascular bundle)?
a pericycle and endodermis
b phloem and endodermis
c pericycle and phloem
d xylem and periderm
e xylem and phloem
ANSWER: xylem and phloem
2) TRUE or FALSE: When looking at a tree stump, the ol
Hortuculture Plant Science EH 33
Week 1 Quiz
1) TRUE or FALSE: If a student misses class, he/she must get the lecture notes from
a classmate. Carrie will not give additional lectures but will answer questions after
students have studied the notes.
A big advantage of using vegetative propagation methods
over sexual reproduction in plants is _.
by-passes the juvenile phase
all offspring are true-to-type
one can clone plants that are hard or impossible to propagate
c from seeds
EH61 Quiz 1
1) TRUE or FALSE: More than 1000 years BC the Greek poet, Homer, cited the
anti-pest utility of sulfur and the Romans are known to have used salt to destroy
the crops of their enemies.
2) TRUE or FALSE: The use of Bordeaux mixture
EH33 QUIZ 6
1) What is the process where CO2 and H2O are used to produce glucose in the presence
of light and a green plant?
2) The flattened, sack-like membranes inside a chloroplast that contain the chlorophyll
are the _. This is
EH33 Quiz 5a
1) What is the process where CO2 and H2O are used to produce glucose in the presence of
light and a green plant?
2) In what organelle doe
EH33 QUIZ 2
1) Bt corn is a GMO that contains the _ to make a Bacillus thuringiensis toxin,
which is lethal to caterpillars.
e all of the above
2) _ is an important cellular process in repairing somatic tissues or
EH61 Quiz 3
1) The insecticide DDT is an example of one known to be _. This
means its chemical stability gives the product long life in the soil and aquatic
environments and in plant and animal tissues. They are not readily broken down
1) How do anticoagulants work and what are the target pests?
a. Inhubits prothrombin formation (blood clotting) and causes internal
2) True or False: All avicides including bates and repellents are legal for use in all 50
states in the U
EH61 Quiz 2
1) TRUE of FALSE: The term H2O is the molecular formula for water.
2) TRUE or FALSE: A structural formula for a chemical compound is a pictoral
image of chemical elements and how they are arranged together, such as ethanol: