CH-121 Pre-lab for Experiment 2: Recrystallization and Filtration
Objective: To determine the amount and percentage recovery of pure Acetanilide from impure Acetanilide sample,
and melting points of it when it is impure and recrystallized, using recrystal
CH-121 Pre-lab for Experiment 5: Extraction using a Separatory Funnel
1. To study and perform extraction technique, using a separatory funnel, Mandelic Acid from water, and
separation of mixture.
2. To perform the use of a separatory funnel an
CH-121 Pre-lab for Experiment 13: Reactions of Aldehydes and Ketones
1. To distinguish between Aldehydes and Ketones for Tollens test.
2. To distinguish between Aldehydes and Ketones for Fehlings test.
3. To distinguish between Aldehydes and K
CH-121 Pre-lab for Experiment 3: Distillation of a Pure Liquid and an Azeotrope
1. To study and observe the distillations of a Pure Liquid and of an Azeotrope.
2. To perform simple distillation of a pure liquid and determine the temperatures fr
CH-121 Pre-lab for Experiment 1: Melting Points
1. To observe and analyze the effect of the mixture of pure compounds.
2. To determine the MP of the unknown sample, the MP separately of a pair and MP of the mixture.
3. To determine what unknow
EXPERIMENT # 1
1. To study the principle and application of the melting point.
2. To gain experience with the determination of melting points.
3. To determine whether a compound is purity or impurity .