EXPERIMENT # 10
NEUTRALIZATION TITRATION REACTION
1. To standardize a sodium hydroxide solution using potassium hydrogen phthalate by the
2. To gain experience in applying solution stoichiometry rules to an acid base titration
EXPERIMENT # 9
ANALYSIS OF WATER
To become familiar with using volumetric glassware, and the measurement of volumes.
To gain experience with laboratory titration.
To record numeric data in ways consistent with accepted scientific pr
EXPERIMENT # 8
1. To prepare 0.1M sodium chloride solution.
2. To determine the percent by mass and molar concentration of an unknown sodium
Top loading balance
EXPERIMENT # 7
To observe the solubility of ionic and covalent solutes.
To observe the miscibility of water and various solvents.
To demonstrate the behavior of a supersaturated solution.
To study the factors that affect
EXPERIMENT # 6
1. To perform and study the five major types of reactions.
2. To identify signs that a chemical reaction has occurred.
3. To convert word equations into balanced chemical equations.
EXPERIMENT # 5
RATE OF CHEMICAL REACTION
1. To measure the rate of a chemical reaction.
2. To measure the effect of concentration upon the rate of a chemical reaction.
3. To study the effect of temperature on the rate of a chemical reaction.
EXPERIMENT # 11 ACID-BASE TITRATION
1. To determine the molar and percent by mass concentration of acetic acid in an unknown
2. To gain experience in applying solution stoichiometry rules to an acid base titration.
3. To acqui
EXPERIMENT # 4
EMPIRICAL FORMULA DETERMINATION
1. To determine the empirical formula for copper sulphide.
Crucible and Cover
Analytical and top loading balance
EXPERIMENT # 1 Melting Points
Jing Sun 300859851
1. To study the principle and application of the melting point.
2. To gain experience with the determination of melting points.
3. To determine whether a compound is purity or impurity .