Mitosis Review Answers
1. As a result of mitosis, each daughter cell receives an exact copy of all the chromosomes
present in the parent cell.
2. Mitosis is used for: a) growth b) repair c) maintenance.
3. Using the numbers, put the following steps of the
Cell Transport Answer Key
1. Molecules that are too large to be moved through the membrane can be transported into the
cell by endocytosis.
Which type of transport allows particles to pass without the use of the cells energy?
Sex-Linked Traits Notes
Explain how sex-linked genes produce different inheritance patterns in males and
Explain why most sex-linked disorders are more common in males.
What does it mean to have a
Gene located on a sex chromos
Photosynthesis Quiz Answer Key
1.Why is photosynthesis important to animals? It produces the oxygen they need to breathe.
2.Photosynthesis primarily occurs in the chloroplast while cellular respiration takes place mainly
in the mitochondria.
Homeostasis and Energy Quiz Answers
1. In order to maintain homeostasis, how would be the bodys respond if a person exercises and
their body temperature increases? Body temperature decreases
2. An organism maintains the stable conditions necessary for lif
Genetic Variation Notes
Describe how chromosome assortment during meiosis contributes to genetic variation.
Explain how crossing over contributes to genetic variation.
Compare and contrast mitosis and meiosis.
Sexual Reproduction Ge
Genes & DNA Notes
Describe Griffith's experiments and conclusion.
Describe Avery's experiments and conclusion.
Explain how experiments with viral DNA further supported Avery's conclusion.
Discovering Genetic Material
Griffiths Experimental Setup
Explain how the template mechanism is important in DNA replication.
Describe the process of DNA replication.
Watson & Crick
1950s What a time to discover DNA replication!
Credited with discovering the
template-mechanism of replication in
Cellular Respiration Review Answer Key
1. Heterotrophs are organisms that can consume other organisms for energy.
2. Which of the following is found inside the chloroplasts and contains chlorophyll? thylakoids
3. List some reasons why energy is required f
Cellular DNA Replication Review Answers
1. The exchange of segments of DNA between the members of a pair of chromosomes acts as a
source of variation within a species.
2. Label the following figure A. centromere
B. sister chromatids
During which phase(
Cell Structure and Function Answer Key
1.List the 3 principals of cell theory.
a) cells are the basic units of life
b) all living things are made of cells
c) all cells come from existing cells
2. Prokaryotic cells lack a nucleus but have genetic material.