TEENS AND SAFER SEX
More than half of ALL
pregnancies in the US are
The pregnancy rate for female
aged 15-19 is much lower
today than it was in the
Teens girls who have a history
of sexual abuse are 3x more
Study Guide for Health 10 Quiz
Know the information from the Power Point presentation and prequiz you took in class (e.g. caffeine intake,
sodium intake, sugar intake, types of fats, fluid intake, etc.)
Know the information from the Portion
The Teen Files Flipped: The Reality of Drug Use
1. Why do the people in the video use drugs?(5)
2. Do you think those reasons are o.k.?
3. Are their any good reasons to use drugs such as alcohol or marijuana?
4. List the consequences of drugs use in the v
1. What does the acronym AIDS stand for? _
2. What does the acronym HIV stand for? _
3. What are the classic signs and symptoms HIV? _
4. True or False? The majority of new HIV infections in the U.S. occur in those 25 a
The first reported HIV case in the us occurred in 1981
A healthy individual has 1,000 to 1,500 t-cells
T-cells can be rebuilt
AIDS = t-cell count of 200 and below
AIDS is the leading killer of 18-24, false 25-45
Essex County has the highest rate
FIRST AID FACT SHEET
1. Epilepsy is a condition that may cause seizures.
2. A seizure may be caused by: head trauma, disease, fever, infection.
3. Epilepsy can be controlled by meds. and surgery
4. Aura- unusual sensations before a seizure occur
Fire Safety Home Inspection Form
Date of Inspection _
Work on this with your parent/guardian and have him/her sign below, acknowledging that he/she
reviewed this information with you.
Parent or Guardian Signature: _
I also recommend that you
The Perfect Body
1. List 5 emotional stressors in Andis life.
2. List 6 signs that indicate that Andi may have an eating disorder.
3. What does Leslie have? Why does she seem to have it under control?
4. What is your opinion of Coach Blai
1. Define cardiac arrest?
2. What can cause cardiac arrest to occur?
3. Explain how CPR can save a life?
4. How many minutes without oxygen can one go before irreversible brain damage
5. How can water affect the time table
Child Abuse Review
Find an article about a specific case of child abuse on-line, in a newspaper or a magazine. You must attach the
article to this paper to be handed in. Remember, your article should not be about the gene
Body Mass Index (BMI) Exercise
1. Read the attached article about BMI.
2. Calculate your BMI using the BMI Calculator at the following website (you can also link to the website from
the useful links section of my website. Pr