The Odyssey, Chp. 22-24
1. Why couldnt Athena just take it into her own hands to create peace for the people of
Ithaca and Odysseus from the beginning, if at the end she interferes, demanding peace
amongst the land?
Aristotle: Nocimachean Ethics
1. Can virtue be defined as bringing happiness to others?
2. What do people truly attain out of happiness in this life?
3. Is there such thing as perceived good, which does harm?
1. Does knowing ones fate or destiny play an important role during this time period?
2. What can be said about Agamemnons fate when he is able to return home right after the
war at Troy?
3. How do th
The Odyssey, Chp. 7-10
1. Why would the people of Phaeacia be so hospitable to a lost person such as Odysseus
without knowing where he is from and what his goals are? What does that say about their
culture and society?
The Odyssey, Chp. 15-17
1. Is Athena trying to send Odysseus a message by disguising him as a beggar, to show him
what he has become to his people in his home land?
2. Why does Telemachus doubt his fathers abilities when
The Odyssey, Chp. 18-21
1. Why is strength and fighting ability the biggest factor when determining a king, at that
2. Why does Penelope still not believe that Odysseus will return when she is told by the
Rumi Part 1
1. Based on Rumis poem titled The One Thing You Must Do, is it safe to say that
whatever you do in this life for reasons other than for god leads to no benefit?
2. Based on A Zero Circle what is the ideal sta
Confessions Book VI & VII
1. On page 98, St. Augustine states If success ever smiled on me, I would feel that it was
not worth the effort to take the opportunity, since, almost before I had grasped it, the cha
Confessions Book III & IV
1. As asked on page 45, is justice liable to variation and change?
2. According to St. Augustine, does one have to suffer to truly find god? Pg.36-37
3. Is it worth putting all the energy needed
The Odyssey, Chp. 11-14
1. After such a long journey away from home, wouldnt Odysseus want to just return home
to his people and wife? What urges him to hide his identity and sneak on to his homeland
2. Why coul