1. State of matter for elements
a. Solid = basically everything
b. Liquid = Mercury
c. Gas = H, He, N, O, F, Cl, and noble gases
2. Metric system conversion
3. Kelvin/Celsius/Fahrenheit conversions
a. K = C + 273.15
b. C = (5/9) F 32
c. F = (9/5) C + 32
CHEM 106 Exam 1 10/03/16
McCoy CHEM 106 exam 1 B
Page 1 of 8
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers
1) For a reaction, what generally happens if the te
Molar Mass of a Volatile Liquid
1. 137ml flask contains 0.481 g of a gas at 767 torr and 220 C.
a. What is the molar mass of the gas?
b. What is the density of the gas at STP?
2. The molar mass of a compound is measured to be 30.70, 29.60, 31.10
Pre-Lab 6 Worksheet
Exp. 11: Periodic table and Periodic Law
1. Review Figure11.1 in the lab manual (Exp 11 page145).
Ionization energy_(increase or decrease) down the group of halogen.
2. Review Figure 11.1 in your lab manual (Exp.11 page 145)
A 0.879-g sample of a CaCl22H2O/K2C2O4H2O solid salt mixture is dissolved in 150ml of deionizer water,
previously adjusted to a pH that is basic. The precipitate, after having been filtered and air-dried, has a
Antacid Analysis Experiment # 17
Write balanced equation for the reaction of the active ingredient in Tums with excess acid. See
table 17.1 in lab manual.
Identify the two most common anions present in antacids.
3. A 0.204 g sample of a CO
1. Which of the following compounds is acidic in aqueous solution? ( hint: it could be
more than one answer)
2. Which of the following compounds is basic in aqueous solution? ( hint
Molar Solubility. Common Ion Effect
1. A saturated solution of lead (II) iodide, PbI2, has an iodide ion concentration of 3.0x10-3
1. What is the molar solubility of lead (II) iodide?
2. Determine the solubility product, Ksp, for lead (I
Molar Mass of a Solid
1. Define a colligative property of a solution.
2. Which of the following solutes has the greatest effect on the colligative properties for a
given mass of pure water?
0.01mol of CaCL2( an electrolyte)
0.01 mol of KNO3 (an
Chem 322 Exam 1
Short Answer (37 points)
1. (10 points) Provide a good-yield synthesis of the following disubstituted aromatic, starting with
2. (10 points) Cyclopentadiene is surprisingly acidic (pka = 16), while cycloheptatrien
Species: Human Papillomavirus(HPV)
HPV is a non-enveloped dsDNA virus.
HPV is the most common sexually
transmitted disease in United States
1 in 4 people are currently infected.
Observations of Chemical
Observations of Chemical Changes
Joy Linda, Jiddle, and Amp
Professor Valerie Barber
Observations of Chemical
Determination of the Molar Volume of H2 Gas
Experiment Master subtitle style Click to edit 4
n n n n n n n n n
Equipment setup Purpose Discussion Chemical reaction Data Safety Concerns Waste What to turn in Experiment 5 Reminder
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego
CHEM 6BL Laboratory Report Writing Guide
Specific instructions on what to include and how to write a lab report are available in the Laboratory Notebook and Laboratory Report Writ