Urinalysis Lab Report 6-2
Urinalysis was performed for Bench 4 on the urine of lab partner Jan. Several test were completed to test
for pH, sugar, protein, and any microscopic observations. A urine culture was also taken and incubated
on a blood agar plat
Microbial Growth Curves
Microbiologists must often deal with very large numbers due to the large sizes of the populations of
organisms that are worked with or the small sizes of some of the organisms. For example, the
1. What enzyme breaks down fibrin & digest clots formed by the body to isolate the
2._ can arise from infections in areas of teeth, tonsils or sinuses.
1. Antibiotics can kill gram-negative bacteria, but symptoms of fever and low blood pressure can
The antibiotics kill the bacteria, but they do not neutralize the endotoxic lipopolysaccharide
2. Why is diagnosis of botulism difficu
1: Antibiotics and chemotherapeutic agents have been available to doctors since
A: the Civil War.
B: the days of the Roman physicians.
D: the 1940s.
2: The sulfonamide interfere with bacterial metabolism by
A: blocking cell wall synthesis.
1. Explain the roles of mitotic cell division, meiosis, and fertilization in the human life
Mitosis allows for growth and repair from the fertilized egg to the adult. In
reproductively mature individuals, meiosis creates game
265 exam 3 study guide
Chapter 8: Molecular Genetics
1. What is the definition of a gene?
2. Define the terms replication, transcription, and translation.
3. What four nucleotide bases are found in DNA
What are the base-pairing rules (Chargraff's Rules);
Exam 2 Essay Questions
1.) Acidolactic bacteria, molds, and yeasts comprise the typical microbiota present in citrus
juices. Lactic acid bacteria are the primary spoilage bacteria in fruit beverages; however, their
numbers are greatly reduced after pasteu
PRACTICE TEST 2
None of these questions will appear exactly like this on your test, however, these questions cover some of the same
material as the questions on your test, and are written in the same style as the questions on your tes
ESSAYS EXAM 1
1. In 1877 Robert Koch thought preparing permanently stained slides would be valuable Why
was his assessment correct?
A method was needed to separate these different bacteria. he used permanently staining methods
to begin the process of dist