edito'( BRIAN HIATT bought
~, _ his first Doors alhum in I989.
and the Papas sang the August 1967 hit
"Twelve Thirty (Young Girls Are Coming to the Canyon)." he might have had
Gangsta Rap and
by Michael Eric Dyson
The recent attacks on the entertainment industry,
especially gangsta rap, by Senator Bob Dole, former Education Secretary William Bennett, and
political activist C. Delores Tucker, reveal the fury
Chapter 1: Foundations of Geography
1. What are lines of latitude? Longitude? What are parallels and meridians?
Latitude is long north or south of the equator and longitude is wide along the equator.
Parallels are lines of latitude and meridians are lines
Chapter 2: Solar Energy, Seasons, and the Atmosphere
1. What color is at the warm end of the visible spectrum (red or blue)? And the cool
Red is warm and blue is cool.
2. Is high-energy radiation long or short wavelength?
The higher the energy the sh
Chapter 4: Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulation
1. What is air pressure, and how does it change with altitude?
2. What does it mean to have high pressure or low pressure?
3. What is the idealized global circulation? 4. What are the names and causes of some
Chapter 3: Atmospheric Energy and Global Temperatures
1. Imagine you are standing in the Antarctic during the Southern Hemisphere summer. The
sky is clear and blue. There are no clouds in the sky. Your shadow is cast on the icy
ground. What is the color o
Quiz 11 - The Dynamic Planet
1. Which lists the correct sequence of divisions in the geologic time scale, from largest to
smallest? Eon, era, period, epoch
2. The Precambrian Eon encompasses what percent of Earths total history?
3. Knowledge of E
Quiz 12 - Tectonics, Earthquakes & Volcanoes
1. A hypsographic curve is a
-> generalized curved showing the Earths surface by area and elevation in relation to sea
2. The variety of surface features on the Earth results from
ALL; weathering and eros