Below, please find the assignments for Week One. Try to read as much as you can before
1a. Listening. (see syllabus for how to access the audio selections)
Summertime, George Gershwin
Kyrie eleison, anonymous
Kyrie eleison, Hildegard o
Name: GABI DRUSINSKY TAs name: BEN IRWIN Concert Attended (name, place, date): ELIJAH, FREEBORN HALL, MARCH 8TH, 2009 Name, Title (e.g.: John Smith, classmate; Jonathan Wilkes, my TA) of Person who reviewed my paper: SCOTT McAULIFFE I believe the thesis o
MUSIC10 ThreepapersCriticalThinkingandResponse Part1(ConcertPosting):B-Minor Mass concert of 19 January 2009 o Within72hoursofconcert,visitdiscussionforumandcomment(ifitsgood,youcouldget extracredit) o Due January 31st, 11:55pm Part 2: Ives Quartet concer
Here are the assignments for Week Ten.
1. Written work. As youre gearing up for your writing projects drafting and editing
your concert reports, keep in mind our class discussions about cutting dead wood, that
is, avoiding words that just sit t
Here are the assignments for Week Eight. The last item on this list concerns the final
1. Reading. Read 319-49 in your textbook.
2. Listening. We will soon be in the twentieth century! Please listen to the following to
prepare for coming
Here are the assignments for Week Nine:
1. Listening/content test no. 4. Continue preparing for Listening/content test no. 4, to be
given in class on Friday, 6 March. I have posted a memo on the test in Resources.
2. Reading. Read pp. 349-73 in
Im sorry this memo is on the long side. Please read all the way to the end.
First, a few items about REQUIRED CONCERT ATTENDANCE.
1. Listening journal. Here is the link to next weeks Music and Words Festival.
Here are the assignments for Week Six. We will probably discuss only the Berlioz this week, as
we still need to cover the post-Midterm reading and repertory listed on the Week Five assignment
If you feel like getting ahead, however, thes
Here are the assignments for Week Two.
Please note that I have changed the date for Listening/content test no. 1. It will be held on
Friday, 16 January instead of Wednesday, as stated in the syllabus. This will give you a
little extra time.
Please find below the assignments for Week Seven:
1. Listening/content test no. 3. Prepare for Listening/content test no. 3, to be given in
class on Monday, 23 February. A memo is posted on SmartSite.
2. Reading (post test). Read pp. 297-318 in
Here are the assignments for Week 5.
1a. Midterm. Review for the midterm exam, to be held Friday, 6 February we will have
the midterm exam. Please see the file marked MIDTERM (MEMO) posted today, 30
2. Reading, post-midterm. Read pp. 2
Dont hesitate to send me mp3 files of your favorite music. Ill play it before class.
Here are the reading and listening assignments for Week Three.
1. Reading. 127-74; 175-202
2. Listening (part 1).
2a. Johann Sebastian Bach, Cantata no. 80, Ei