Chem 128A W 2015 <
First Midterm _\./_. '-
January 26, 2015
Instructor : Nambiar
This exam contains four pages and seven problems. Please make sure that your
copy contains all the four pages. If there is a problem, please let us know before you s
Chem 128A, Winter 2009, Midterm Exam 1
(1) (25 points total) Shown below is sitagliptin (januvia), an oral anti-diabetic drug that was
approved by the FDA in October, 2006.
(a) Please draw in any missing lone pairs on the structure below.
1. The spectroscopic data for a compound with molecular formula C6H10O3 are given below:
H-NMR: 4.2 (2H, quartet), 3.5 (2H, singlet), 2.3 (3H, singlet), 1.3 (3H, triplet)
C-NMR: 201, 167, 61, 50, 30, 14
IR (major peaks): 2984, 1745, 1723 cm
CHE128A Homework Set 1
1. For each species below write a good Lewis structure. Include all non-bonding electrons as dots and don't forget formal
charges. b) Each of these is stabilized by resonance. Using curved arrows to sho
Homework Problem Set 3 CHE128A Toney Fall 2016
1. Fill in the blanks and/or circle the correct bold word.
A) The pKa of an alkyne is about while the pKa of an alkane is about
B) Hydrogenation of an alkyne can / cannot be controlled to give an alkene.
Homework Problem Set 3
I. Fill in the blanks and/or circle the correct bold word.
A) The pKa of an alkyne is about
while the pKa of an alkane is about_
B) Hydrogenation of an alk y n e cannot be controlled to give an a
,. . 306; Key
K Homework Set #2 CHEIZSA Prof. Toney, Fall 2016
7 1) Draw a detailed mechanism for the reaction of isobutene with Brz in water. Use electron ow arrows?
' Indicate any and all charges. Briey explain why the product you show is the expected o
CHEIZSA Homework Set 1 To ey Fall 2016 2 page:
1. For each species below write a good Lewis structure. Include all nonbonding electrons as dots and dont forget formal
charges. b) Each of these is stabilized by resonance. Using curved arrows to s
C Nu +