1. What is the relationship between the energy E and the frequency of a photon? What about
between the energy E and the wavelength ?
2. What does the term lapse rate mean? Write the equation for temperature in termsof lapse rate,
and explain the terms in
1. Explain the meaning of the statement, Energy is conserved.
2. Describe two types of energy, and explain how one can be converted to the other.
3. Explain the term binding energy, and give two examples.
4. Briefly explain how the Sun produces energy.
Preview of Physics 10, Quiz 1January 2016
Quiz 1 of Physics 10 is scheduled for the first half hour of class on Thursday, January 21. The
quiz will consist of five questions, which will be based on the following list. Some of the quiz
questions may be sli
Note that some of the sample questions here involve subjects that I expect to cover in class on
Tuesday. If we dont get to these subjects (especially those about data analysis), those questions
wont be on the quiz.
Define and briefly explain forcing an
1. What is the meaning of the lifetime of a greenhouse gas? Why is this important for understanding
anthropogenic climate change?
A lifetime is the average amount of time a gas will remain in the atmosphere until it disappears into a
sink. It is important