1. Homework #5 due now. Key will be posted after lecture.
2. Extra Credit opportunity for ~ 100 points will be available via
Smartsite soon. Watch for the announcement!
3. Final exam next Wednesday: Cumulative.
Material covered in Mid-Terms
1. Extra Credit opportunity for ~ 100 points will be available via
Smartsite this evening. Watch for the announcement!
2. Final exam next Wednesday 6 PM
3. You will be allowed to bring hand-written notes on both sides
of one 4 X 6 card.
New Folder Notes and Animations in Smart Site
PPTX slides with simple animations of SHR-SCR regulation
Notes summarizing basic concepts in SAM, RAM and Transition
Transition to Flowering
Joshua Tree National Park
Radial organization of the root
Root Apical Meristem
Formation of cell layers in the
root relies on the
Figure 1. a) Longitudinal section of the Arabidopsis root tip that has been colorcoded to show the different cell types. b) Schematic showing
Inves&gators have reportedly traced the spate of cold-blooded murders back 3.7 billion years.
UCD professor disses
Onions in PLB 112 lecture:
Disregards hard-won status
as underground stems, not
Over the past 24 hours, ends lives
Leaves are generated by the SAM in a predictable pattern: Phyllotaxy
The apical meristem is a pattern-generating machine. The WUS/CLV
engine (yellow) maintains a supply (arrows) of cells to
the rest of the meristem (blue) to ma