Chemistry 4A, Fall 2015
Potentially useful constants:
Standard state: P = 1 bar = 10 Pa;
T (0 C) =273.15 K
1 mol gas occupies 22.7 L at STP; R = 8.314 J mol K
Relative atomic mass: H=1, C=12, N=14, O=16
Part I. Multiple choices (4 p
This is the errata for the second printing, September 2001. Cambridge University Press
corrected some of the errors in the first printing and created some new errors. Also, some
errors in the first printing were not discovered before the second printing.
UC Berkeley Chem C96 Fall 2016
Some Tips and Advice on Getting Started in Research
The purpose of this document is to be a resource for deciding whether (and when) to conduct
undergraduate research, how to obtain such a positio
Chapter 7 Textbook
Direct dating uses analysis of the artifact, ecofact, or feature itself to arrive at its age, while
indirect dating uses analysis of material associated with the artifact, ecofact, or feature to study its
Chapter 4: How Archaeology Works
Artifacts portable objects whose form is modified or wholly created by human activity
Features nonportable human made remains that cannot be removed from their place of discovery
1) Graph the radial distribution functions for 2s, 2p, and 3p orbitals. Be sure to label each diagram
with the orbital name.
2) List the quantum numbers and state what they represent classically. Which quantum number lacks
a classical analogy?
3) Why are
Altshchul and Patterson 2010,
Little and Zimmerman 2010
II. WHY STUDY ARCHAEOLOGY?
4. Stewardship of the Past
Preserve, Protect, Interpret Cultural Heritage;
Cultural Heritage of Places
Cultural Resource Management (CRM)
1. Consider the curve in R2 defined by the equation r = cos(2).
(a) Sketch this curve.
(b) Find the area of the region enclosed by one loop of this curve.
2. (a) Find an equation of the surface consisting of all points in R 3 that are equidistant from the
Page 3 of 6 Student name: Student ID#:
Multiple Choichuestions Circle one answer, unless noted. (5 points each, 30 total)
1) Which of the following molecular species are paramagnetic?
A) N2“ B) Ff C) 05* D) (:1, ® Neg:
2) How many radial nodes are in a
Page 3 of 6
Circle one answer for each question (5 points each, 40 total)
Multiple Choice Questions
Which of the following types of radiation has the highest energy?
A) radio waves
Medium to Hard Problems from Previous Math lA Finals
(2) Prove that
(3) Find the equation for the line through the point (2,4) E
from the first quadrant.
that cut off the least area