Lab TA Name/Section#:
1. Closed book, closed notes. No additional scrap papers are
permitted. All information required is contained on the exam.
Place all work in the space provided.
2. The only items a
Closed book, closed notes.
The only items allowed are your writing instruments, erasers, and scientific calculators. You are not
allowed to use the calculator function on any portable device (cell
Both F2 and Cl2 are powerful oxidants
The alkali metals are powerful reductants, so they must be kept away from atmospheric
oxygen to avoid a potentially hazardous redox reaction.
P = Force/Area
1 Pa = 1 N/m2
1 atm = 760mmHg
1 atm = 10.1325 bar
Calculate percent abundance
Balance chemical reaction in basic/acidic solution
Empirical formula for compound
4 possible quant
Week 7 Worksheet
1. The fact that we cannot simultaneously measure the exact position and precise
momentum of an electron is referred to as:
A) Pauli Exclusion Principle
B) The Aufbau Principle
C) Hund's Rule
D) The DeBroglie Relationship
E) Heisenberg Un
Week 6 Worksheet
Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases
1. Calculate the average kinetic energy, ek, in Joules per molecule for O2(g) at 298 K and
2. The energy of molecules of a gas:
A) is dependent on concentration
B) is distributed over a wide ran
Week 8 Worksheet
1. Write the valence electron configuration or the neutral element:
Ions always adopt the electron configuration of a noble gas? (T/ F)
Week 4 Worksheet
1. Which solution has the greatest [SO42-]: a) 0.075 M H2SO4 b) 0.15 M Na2SO4 c) 0.080 M
Net Ionic Equations/ Precipitation Reactions
2. Complete each of the following as a net ionic equation. If no reaction o
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Cheese the one alternative that best eempietes the statement or answere the questien.
I) The recommended adult dense ef Elimphyllm i}, a drug need to tree: asthma; 15 61K} mgfkg of bed}: 1) _ E 2
mass. Calculate the deee in milligrame fer
Name#] Namc#2 Name#3
of the following are physical processes? I 1)
. pression of oxygen gas 4-—
A)1,2 B)l,4 C) 1,3,4 D)2,3,4 E)2,4 V
2) [-10 many silver atoms are in 3.25 g of silver?
A 3.14 x 1024 atoms
3 1.81 x 1022 atoms \/ '. (LL
Name Name Name
MULTIPLE CH ICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) When he following equation is balanced, the coefﬁcients are .
Al(NO3)3+ Nags - A1283 + NaNO3
A) 1,1,1 Venom C) 4,6,3,2
Molarity Calculations Answer Key
Calculate the molarities of the following solutions:
2.3 moles of sodium chloride in 0.45 liters of solution. 5.11 M
1.2 moles of calcium carbonate in 1.22 liters of solution. 0.98 M
0.09 moles of sodium sulfate i
Lab Sec. # , TA: ; Lab day/Time:
Andreas Toupadakis, PhD.
.- '.'." CHEMISTRY 2A
CLOSED BOOK EXAM!
paper are permiffed. All informafion required is confained on The
No books, nofes, or