Session 2 and 3
C $250 - $75 = $175
D $6,754 + $13,733 + $2,625 = $23,112
B $135,000 - $10,500 = $124,500/5 = $24,900
A $1,200,000/4 = $300,000
Note- Please refer to the spreadsheet for solutio
MGT 11 A (Chapter 4& 5)
B $1,500,000 - $102,000 - $123,000 = $1,275,000
B (10 units $10) + (2 units $12) = $124
B 200 units @ $13 per unit = $2,600
Sales returns and
Introduce new technology, knowledge or radically
ways of organizing processes. May not be
Emerging easy to adopt
and have not been proven in a wide
variety of industries
Risk Level Benefit Level
Practices that are c
The capacity to deliver pre-determined results with
minimal input of time an energy.
The knowledge or ability acquired by observation or
A natural, acquired, learned or developed ability to
Deliver Declining Competency
Untrained beginner, no experience, requires
detailed documentation to perform work.
Performs work with limited situational
Understands the work and can determine
priorities to reach goals (task orient
Pre-SCOR Program Steps
Prepare the organization for the mission critical
SCOR Improvement program
Set the Scope
Understand the business environment and define
the scope of the supply chain for a SCOR
the performance metrics a
A measure of the climate impact from CO2 and
other global warming air emissions.
Emissions that are traced by EPA
Liquid waste that is either disposed of or released
to open water or
% Order Delivered in Full
Performance Order to Customer
Source Cycle Time
Make Cycle Time
Deliver Cycle Time
Deliver Retail Cycle
The activities associated with
developing plans to perate the
The ordering and receipt of goods
The activities associated with the
conversion of materials o
Purpose of Internal Control
Managers use policies and procedures to:
Ensure reliable accounting.
Promote efficient operations.
Urge adherence to company policies.
Principles of Internal Control
MGT 11A (Exercise- Chapter 4 & 5)
1. An account used in the periodic inventory system that is not used in the perpetual inventory system is
Sales return and allowances
2. A companys cos
Chapter 7 Bad Debt &
Date of note
July 10, 2013
date I promise to pay to
the order of Barton Company, Los Angeles, CA
One thousand and no/100
1. Rocky Industries received its telephone bill in the amount of $300 and immediately paid it.
Rocky's journal entry to record this transaction will include .
a. Debit to Telephone Expense for $300
b. Credit to Accounts Payable for $300.
MGT 11-A : CHAPTER 6
DISCUSSION SESSION Dt. 02/08/2017
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When two clerks share the same cash register, which internal control principle is violated?
a. Establish responsibilities
b. Maintain adequate records
Which is one of the nice ways to improve your companies?
Design for intrinsic motivation
De-promote goldilocks for groups
Discourage peer-to peer Now that Rewards
All of the above
Which of these are NOT a part of the 9 ways to improve y
1. Type I and Type X
Three innate psychological needs: competence, autonomy, relatedness.
When these needs are satisfied, we are motivated, productive and happy.
When people use rewards to motivate, thats when they are most demotivating.
Type A people
1. Which is not a characteristic of intuitive decision making?
A. Their performance is markedly better than average.
B. They are confident.
C. They can anticipate problems in time to avoid or defuse them.
D. They don't see the need to improve.
2. What doe
1. Pulo Corporation uses a weighted-average process costing system. The company has two processing
departments. Production starts in the Assembly Department and is completed in the Finishing Department. The
units completed and transferred out of
1. Aberge Company's manufacturing overhead is 30% of its total conversion costs. If direct labor is $105,000 and
if direct materials are $27,900, the manufacturing overhead is:
2. During the month of September, direct labor cost totaled
Chapter 9 95-104
1. Sorrow Kennel uses tenant-days as its measure of activity; an animal housed in the kennel for
one day is counted as one tenant-day. During November, the kennel budgeted for 2,300 tenantdays, but its actual level of activity was 2,350 t
Practice Quiz 12 Differential Analysis
1. Opportunity costs are:
relevant in decision making
2. Consider the following statements:
A division's net operating income, after deducting both traceable and allocated common fixed costs, is
Practice Quiz 8 Master Budgeting
1. Which of the following budgets are prepared before the production budget?
2. When preparing a production budget, the required production equals:
Budgeted sales beginning inventory + desired ending inventory
Practice Quiz 13 Capital Budgeting Decisions
1. The net present value and internal rate of return methods of capital budgeting are superior to the payback
method because they:
consider the time value of money.
2. If taxes are ignored, all of the following
MGT 11-A : CHAPTER 1
DISCUSSION SESSION Dt. 01/18/2017
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which accounting assumption assumes that all accounting information can be reported monthly or
a) Business entity assumption
b) Monetary unit assu
If youve finished Decisive and are hungry for more, visit our website: http:/
Check out the Resources section. You can register to get instant access
to free materials like these:
One-Page Overview. A printable overview o