Student Exploration: Archimedes Principle
Vocabulary: Archimedes principle, buoyant force, density, displace, mass, volume, weight
Prior Knowledge Questions (Do these BEFORE using the Gizmo.)
1. Why does a small pebble sink in water? _
Biology Midterm Exam
1. Which of the following is a mitochondrion?
A. Structure A
B. Structure B
C. Structure C
D. Structure D
2. Which of the following cell structures is the site of photosynthesis?
A. Golgi apparatus
1. In the 1950s, scientist confirmed van Niels hypothesis by using a heavy isotope of oxygen,
O, to follow the fate of oxygen atoms during photosynthesis which showed that water is
actually both a reactant and a product in the reaction. There is two ex
1. Electron microscope can magnify the object up to 100000 times. But Light
Microscope can only magnify the object up to 1000 times.
To view a living thing, light microscope is the better choice.
2. Both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells have a plasma memb
1. Large amount: Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Carbon.
Moderate amount: Calcium, Phosphorus.
Trace element: Copper, Iodine.
2. An atom, named from a Greek word meaning indivisible, is the smallest unit of
matter that still retains the properties of an eleme
Usually, wolf is the strongest in its ecosystem. Most animals they eat are rodents,
and most rodents eat grass. If there was no wolf, then the amount of herbivores
will get bigger and bigger, meadow will be less, it brings herbivores themselves
Babies who have cleft lip will be diagnosed after born because it is so easy to see.
Their mother still love them and give them a lovely namerabbit baby. It is the
most general facial deformity disease. Every 1000 babies born there is a
Review sheet 3 vectors
Identify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. Which of the following is a physical quantity that has a magnitude but no direction?
Conceptual Physics Review (Chapters 2 & 3)
1. My friend and I decide to race down a straight stretch of road. We both get in our cars and start from rest. I
hold the steering wheel steady, slam on the gas, and my speedometer