Chem 1A SI Worksheet 1.1
1. What are the SI units for the following?
2. Express the following quantities in scientific notation.
a. The diameter of a sodium atom: 0.000000000372m
b. The dis
PRELAB REPORT (40% OF REPORT GRADE)
FOR LABS 2-4 ONLY:
I. Your name, Lab Section, TAs name
II. Title and Number of Experiment
III. Outline of Procedure. (Follow experimental section of the lab manual)
IV. Answers to the Prelab Questions
CHEM12A Practice Midterm I
This exam has problems that are representative of what will be on the
in-class exam. It however is roughly half the length of the in-class
exam, so when using this exam to prepare, answer what you can in
25 minutes to gauge your
BIEN 10: Template for Testing
Prepared by Dana Rutherford
A few words on testing
Testing your device or method is one of the most important components of your project.
It is here that you can gain information on its ability to complete the task you des
Bio 5A Topic 1, p. 1 of 5
Biology 5A Spring 2017
These notes are written in their entirely by Professor Morris Maduro, Department of Biology, UCR
Figures are from the textbook or other sources.
Introduction Atoms and Bonding Campbell Biology, 11th ed.: pp
Chem 001A Fall 2016
Final Exam Guideline
-45 Multiple Choice (8 points each x 45 = 360); 3-4 free response questions (45 points total). The high
score possible on the exam will be 405/400.
-The exam questions will be approximately half computation/problem
If a reaction A B has
, then when the reaction is at equilibrium there will be _
a. absolutely no B formed.
b. smaller quantities of B and larger quantities of A.
c. equal quantities of A and B.
d. large quantities of B and smaller quantities of A.
Chem 001 B
Gases Learning Goals and Outline - Gases
1) describe the kinetic-molecular theory, and how gases differ from liquids and solids on a molecular
2) describe the qualitative effect that temperature, pressure, a
Week 2-3 Practice Problems
1. Determine the mass of 2.5 x 109 H2O molecules.
2. How many H2O molecules are there in a snowflake weighing 1 mg?
3. Determine the molarity of a solution made by dissolving 20.0g of
NaOH in sufficient water to yield a 482 cm3
He a lt h
Re a c t iv it y
P e rs o n a l
P ro t e c t io n
Material Safety Data Sheet
Section 1: Chemical Product and Company Identification
Product Name: Eugenol
14025 Smith Rd.
Chem 1A SI Worksheet 1.2
1. Complete the following conversions:
a. How many kilograms of meat are in a quarter-pounder hamburger? (1 pound =
b. How large in square meters is the land area of Australia (about 9.293 x 1012 yd2)?
(1 inch = 2.5
Chemistry 1A SI Worksheet 10/16/12
1. The electron in a hydrogen atom orbits the nucleus at a velocity of 2x106 m/s. What is the
wavelength of the electron if its mass is 9.11x10-31 kg?
2. What is the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and how does it affec
Chem 1A SI Worksheet 1.4
1. Batman is racing down Gotham City in his Batmobile, when The Joker suddenly appears and
pulls out his newest diabolical creation - The Photon Transformer! The Joker aims and shoots,
turning the Batmobile into a flash of light t
Chem 1A SI Worksheet 1.3
1. Magnesium has three naturally occurring isotopes: 24Mg (23.985 amu) with 78.99%
abundance, 25Mg (24.986 amu) with 10.00% abundance, and a third with 11.01%
abundance. The atomic mass of magnesium is 24.305 amu, calculate the ma
In-class Blended Learning Activity #2
Ionic Compounds, Ionic Radii, and Biological Transport of Metal Cations
Introductory Leading Questions:
1) Why are ions important for cellular function?
2) How are ions transported across cell membranes?