Chap 12 part 2 cnt:
II. Anaerobic and aerobic metabolism (cnt)
1. Build up glycogen stores to improve performance
1. Exercises ~ 20-30 mins -> blood glucose become important as a fuel (chat dot)
to spare muscle glycogen breakdown.
2. Aerobic and endurance
1. Our diets have changed but our genes have changed much less:
1. Pre human vegeterians who lacked the ability to eat meat did not win the
2. Man developed into an omnivore (dong vat an tap)
1. We have canine teeth in the fr
break C-C bonds in glucose to allow ADP to form ATP. Makes energy for the cell.
The powerhouse of the cell
Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum
Protein synthesis. Studded with ribosomes.
An organelle in eukaryotic ce
Cytology and Histology
Gross or Macroscopic
Regional, Systemic, and Surface Anatomy
Levels of Body Organization
6. Organ System
Define Homeostasis and explain its significance
A dynamic state of equillibrium. The body's ability to
maintain relatively stable internal conditions. Virtually
every organ is involved in maintaing homeostatis.
Describe how negative and posit
Anything that occupies space and has mass
The amount of material in an object;
Varies with gravity
The capacity to do work (put matter into
motion); no mass or space
Stored energy (batte