OUTLINE 187c: Child pornography
US v Knox (1992)
- Knox was convicted for possession of child pornography
- No nudity in the video, but zoom in to the crouch down
- Had history of sexual abuse of kids
- How far i
Obscenity: Stanley v Georgia (60s); PRESIDENTS COMMISSION, Miller v California
- Reason why you can possesses any adult sex explicit film (not child pornography)
- Police found a film that is called young blood and convinced it is porn
MIDTERM REVIEW SHEET
This review sheet provides an outline of the material covered in the first half of the
course. At the very least, you should understand these issues and concepts. It is not,
however, a substitute for the readings or attendi
OUTLINE: SEX & THE
If scientific, technical, or other specialized
knowledge will assist the trier of fact to
understand the evidence or to determine a fact in
issue, a witness qualified as an expert by
knowledge, skill, experie
OUTLINE: SEX & THE CONSTITUTION
1) Sexual Rites
2) Do You Have The Right to Consent to Sex?
3) What Age Can You Consent?
4) What If you are Developmentally Disabled?
(MR) Can You Consent?
If scientific, technical, or other specialized knowl
PSYCH 187C: SEX AND THE LAW
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Paul R. Abramson
OFFICE HOURS (Abramson): After class or by appt.
Classroom: Humanities A51 (Thursday 2-4:50pm)
GRAD TA: Meghan McKenzie
GRAD TA OFFIC
William v Attorney General of Alabama (2004)
Reliable consultants v. Earle (fifth Circuit appeals) (2008)
Should vibrator (sex toy) be illegal? Need legitimate reason for state interest
Sex toys party was busted in Alabama
Alabama circuit court concludes
Expert witness- in law, there is the opportunity to bring the expert in to help a judge or
jury to make a decision on an underline case, who can facilitate a judge and jury.
To be a qualified expert, your training or education or crede
Hawaii v Romano:
Lawrence case (can same gender with consent have right to privacy)
How broad is the consent
UCLA student, the two girls show up as student, went to his party.
The girl turns out to be 13. They tried
The saint of fucked up karma
- Sexuality and constitutional law
- Sexual rights
- 9th amendment rights, the right to retain is by the people
- Right is exercised by choice (right to reproduce)
- Law influence by person opinion
People VS Scott: (adul
OUTLINE CLERGY ABUSE
Criminal v Civil
- Criminal is a criminal act itself.
- Clergy abuse against kids (always a crime)- both criminal and civil, can sue the
church; civil: two defendants: the priest, and the church
- Clergy abuse against people cannot gi
Kids sexual right: do they have the agency to act upon it: determined what she/he to do
sexually? Or the parents have the rights to say no.
Are kids sexual rights holders?
Do they have rights to privacy?
William Scott McDonald v Commonwealth of Virg