Haunting, honor, revealing, insightful, nostalgic, stories
Islam in America
- Muslim migration: a deep history from slavery to the brain drain
- Pre-republic Enslaved Africans
- The curious cases of Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori and Yarrow Mamout.
Asian American 20: Lecture 1 September 27, 2016
Before Asian America: History to 1965 and US Immigration Policy
How do three early AA ethnic groups compare in terms of demographics, immigration, and labor?
How did legislation affect the makeup of early
Interracial Marriage/ Multiracial People
What is Amerasian
Was Amerasian homecoming act good policy? Why or why not? What are some problems
and solutions would you offer to resolve issues?
How is race and culture played out in Nisei beaut
October 18, 2016
Shin-Issei (New first gen) and Japanese Americans
1. What are the dynamics between Japanese American and Shin-Issei?
2. What is the characteristic of the New Japanese immigration?
3. How does post-war Japanese American community co
Can we just add to this one?
Please put in highlights what youve added!
Is there nothing you guys want to add to the ID terms or the Essay Questions?
1. Black/Korean Conflict
Definition: Social conflict between the Koreans and the African Americ
America is in the Heart
- First off, the title correlates with what we discussed in class about the Hawaiians being
Hawaiian at heart, which brought negative connotation
- The magazine meant a lot to the Latinos, hence they were willing to give up their f
How (Relate to other)
- AKA alternative reading
- Values and meanings that are not addressed outwardly
- Under the face value
- Used in Transgressive politics
- Rush Hour (Comedy <-> c
This graph shows that there is a positive correlation between runs and at-bats, but the correlation is not
very strong. However, because of the correlation, it is safe to say that the more number of times a team
is at-bat, the more runs the team is lik
- Free market (no government intervention) - the society will run itself for the greater good
- May or may not be true
- Marx argues that this is not the case and that everyone participates for their own
- Profit over people
- Always requi
Readings on voting:
- Asian voter turnout has started increasing according to the articles, it went from 2 million
in 2000 to 3.9 million in 2012.
- More and more democratic.
- Perhaps this is because of the candidates that have been democr
Fitting Into the Model Minority Myth
Thuong Lili Vo
Asian Am 10
November 18, 2016
In order to gain more knowledge and understanding on the treatment of Asian Americans
especially Japanese Americans throughout history, I interv
Study Guide for Asian Am 10 Final
El Monte SweatShop Case
Who: 72 undocumented Thai immigrants duped into servitude at a sweatshop. They were
not paid and were held in captivity ( the house they were in had fences around it, and
Asian Am dis 1D
26 November 2016
Gentrification: A Fight for Our Homes
This weeks lecture and readings focused on the recent election and which groups it
targets, post-war suburbanization, and
Over the past nine weeks, weve
The Politics of Making America Great Again
Trump won because over his appeals of making America great again
immigrants : Latinos and Asians
Trump: Making America White Again
Immigration and Labor
Asian Am 50 Review Session
Coalitional Identity heterogenous. Asian American women are equal to
Transnationalism War, empire and migration all influence identity.
Looking at everything in a global perspective instead of Amer
Western and Eastern Zhou:
1) Western: Zhou king had greater role; Considered the Son of Heaven, Authority to rule
through Mandate of Heaven, made sacrifices at the capital, maintained his own land and
army. Uphold of Mandate
Eastern: Zhou king =
220 - 265
Notable Warriors of the Era
Violent times, high militarization rates in
era. Shu population was 10% military,
while Wu had >10%
Cao Cao Regarded as Hero of Chaos.
Strong ambition, ruthlessness, and
leadership. Would sacrifice an
Chin 50/Dis 1A
Response Paper #1
The Shang Dynasty developed and revolved their religious activity around the method of
divination, or the interpretation of real life events through the use of mediums and rituals. When
the Zhou took ov
Western Zhou and Eastern Zhou
Political: society seemed to be under hierarchy
Social: military seen as the same as the vassal system in that they both controlled to people through this
so called system. Both kingdoms in very bad time as chaos loomed every
The Three Kingdoms began with the fall of a dynasty destroyed by rebellions, tyrants and
corruption known as The Eastern Han Dynasty.
The eastern Han dynasty ended in 220 AD. This meant that this was the last dynasty
before the start of the three kingdom