Find one food nutrition label from any food/snack container/wrap and calculate:
(A) the total Calories from fat, carbohydrates and protein contained in one serving of this
type of food using the energy content of food conversion factors
1. What are the five types of "unconventional oil" mentioned in Kurts article?
tar sands - a mixture of sand and bitumen ,
oil shale - organic marlstone containing kerogen
heavy oil a highly viscous hydrocarbon-rich liquid that flows onl
PHYS& 100 QUIZ #6_A
1. Name four primary air pollutions and two primary sources of air pollution from human activities.
2. A 12 V electric power source is connected to two 6 ohm resistors that are in parallel.
A: Draw the circuit diagram (symbol for
Use the table below, calculate
A) How long will the proved _ (choose either coal, oil or natural gas) reserves in
_ (choose one country) last at 2010 production rate.
B) How many pounds of CO2 produced by the _ (same fuel you chose in part A)
Homework Assignment #5
Due Wednesday, Nov. 14th
P=I x x A
1. 5th edition chapter 6, page 185, 4th edition, page 197, questions 5.
2. Describe, in words, the atmospheric greenhouse effect (Explain what is the atm
PHYS& 100 Classwork 1
Use the proper conversion factors from the Power Units table and Fuel Relationships table
from appendix B and world energy consumption table from Appendix E to find out:
(1) The average energy consumption rate for an American i
PHYS& 100 QUIZ #7_A
1. A set of light bulbs have different rated voltage and power, as in the table below. Which
one has lowest resistance? (Circle one correct answer and show your work)
Read the article below and list 5-6 positive and negative impacts if car efficiency standards are
Automobile manufacturers will need to overhaul their models, new technology will have to be
Save fossil fuel energy