P2P Chapter 12
Benefits of Visual Literacy
1. What are the two sides of visual literacy?
There are two sides of visual literacy. One side describes what happens when we consume
information and the other side describes what happens when we produce informat
P2P Chapter 15
Importance of Listening
1. Discuss two reasons why listening is important.
First, listening helps you to accomplish tasks through understanding, recall, feedback,
decision-making, and problem solving. All of these skills are required for ef
Chapter 3 P2P
Ethics and Ethical Communication
1. Describe the difference between ethics and ethical communication.
Ethics are a set of standards that offer guidance about the choices we make and they
explain why we behave as we do. Ethical communication
P2P Chapter 11
The Importance of Language
1. What are the characteristics or principles of language that serve to explain its importance?
The word choice in a speech is incredibly important. Characteristics of language that help
people understand the impl
P2P Chapter 2
Natural Nervousness & Communication Apprehension Defined
1. What is the difference between nervousness and communication apprehension?
Nervousness is a very normal and it provides the speaker with the necessary energy to
give a successful pr
P2P Chapter 10
Importance of Introductions & Conclusions
1. Discuss why introductions and conclusions are important.
Due to the primacy and recency effect, people are more likely to remember the first and
last things said in a presentation. So it is impor
P2P Chapter 5
Selecting a Topic
1. Name the three things to consider when selecting a topic for any presentation. Describe
two ways to generate ideas for a topic.
Consider three things: yourself, your audience, and your occasion
o First, to maintain a le
P2P Chapter 9
Importance of Outlining
1. Why is outlining important?
The process of outlining allows you to organize your ideas logically giving you a better picture of
the relationships among your ideas. In addition, this process all
Chapter 7 P2P
Advanced Information Seeking
1. Define advanced information seeking skill set.
Being an advanced information seeker and consumer involves being able to find appropriate sources, analyze
the material and content, evaluate the credibility and
Process of Perception
1. What are the steps in the process of perception?
Perception is the process by which we select, organize, and interpret the world
o Select- You make decisions on what you pay attention to
Benefits of Communication
1. List and describe the three benefits of studying communication.
o Effective communication can help you develop more meaningful
o Improving communication skills will hel