Concept of Trade Unions
Trade unions are voluntary associations of
employees formed to promote and protect
their interests through collective actions.
Such associations at the level of individual
organizations as well as the apex bodies
with which these m
2. Write the two main functions of Trade Unions.
3. To achieve higher wages and better working conditions is
.function of TU.
4. To protect women worker against discrimination is afunction
5. The First Factories Act was adopted in.
Edited by Greg J Bamber,
Russell D Lansbury and Nick Wailes
Employment Relations in India
C. S. Venkata Ratnam and Anil Verma
Allen & Unwin, 2011. These sli
These are formed to promote & protect the
interests of employers in Trade & Industry.
They are formal groups of employers set
up to defend, represent or advise affiliated
Management and employers
The Industrial Employment
(Standing Orders) Act, 1946
Purpose: To have a uniform service
condition for the workmen employed in all
Applicability: To every industrial
establishment employing 100 or more
Draft SO: An indu
1. To have a uniform service condition for the workmen employed in all industrial
establishments is the purpose
2. To ensure for the workers employed in the factories, health, welfare and safety measures
and to provide for proper working hours, lea
The Workmens Compensation
Purpose: To impose liability upon an
employer to pay compensation to the
workman when the workman suffers from
physical disabilities and diseases during
the normal employment tenure.
Applicability: All establishments hi
1. As per the payment of wages Act, the total deductions for Wages shall not exceed
. of the wages.
2. As per the minimum wages act, the min wages shall be paid in .
3. 67% of available surplus is called.
4. Min bonus is . and max bonus is .% of the salar
1. Name the 6 actors in the IR system
2. Name the three approaches to IR
3. As per the .view, trade unions are the result of exploitation of workers
4. IR is concerned with the relationship between .
5. As per the .view, IR is related to class
NOTES FOR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS:
International Business Theories
International Marketing The MNC Way
Strategic Thinking in International Marketing
Major Decisions in International Marketing
GATT and WTO
1. The roots of collective bargaining lie in.
2. In collective bargaining the representative of both the management and the employees
participate. It shows its a .process.
3. In ., both the parties try to get to a win-win situation.
4. was adopted as a te
Historical Perspectives on
Indian Labor Legislations
It owes its existence to the British Raj.
Most of the legislations were enacted prior
After Indep ESI, PF, Bonus, Gratuity
Several Amendments (Women workers)
Evolution of Peoples
Any dispute or difference of opinion
between employers and employers, or
between employers and workmen, or
between workmen and workmen, which is
connected with the employment or nonemployment or terms of employment or
with the condition
Collective Bargaining in IndiaRecent Trends
Asia Monitor Resource Centre
Collective bargaining is actually a struggle for
building a democratic and civilized society
We can not imagine a civilized society without
SHRM Foundations Effective
Practice Guidelines Series
Downsizing and its
StrategieS for Long-term SucceSS
SHRM FounDAtionS EFFEctivE PRActicE GuiDElinES SERiES
Downsizing and its
- - -
Centro Retail Australia
Annual General Meeting
Tuesday 31 October 2012
Chairman Script (as at 5pm 30/10/12)
SLIDE 3: WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Annual General Me
After studying this chapter you should be able to:
Discuss the difference between performance management and
Identify the necessary characteristics of accurate performa
Health Is Our Business.
Care Is Our Passion.
Express Scripts 2011 Annual Report
Express Scripts is committed to following, promoting and implementing sustainable
practices. We apply global sustainability principles to the way we do business and
The Human Resources
Function: An Overview
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
Outline the history of personnel/human
Identify the qualities recommended for
todays successful HR practitioner.
Anna Tavis, Editor
Redesigning Your organization for the
Future of Work
Tamara J. Erickson, nGenera Innovation Network
he work world of the next several
decades will be significantly different
from the work world of the l