1) What are some of the challenges that those working in wildlife rehabilitation face in treating
One of the challenges is how powerful they are. Not being domestic, the can tend to be
aggressive. You must learn to not be afraid of the
1) She came to the realization that veterinarians and physicians were essentially treating animals
and humans for the same thing. She called the overlap between animal and human as a muchneeded wake up call. She then began to question why she had never ve
1) Bovine spongiform encephalopathy, also known as mad cow disease, is a life threatening
neurodegenerative disease. This disease causes a spongy form of degeneration in the spinal cord
and brain. There have been outbreaks of this disease
1) Where did AIDS/HIV originate? How did it move to humans?
We often think that aids started in the 1980s. It was discovered in 1984. However, it actually
crossed over into humans many decades before. The virus originated in chimpanzees. It was
Unit 8 test questions
1) What is holistic veterinary medicine and science? How does it compare to allopathic veterinary
Holistic veterinary medicine and science is an alternative approach to all aspects of the animals
wellness. Examples of this
How to check your horses pulse
1) Where is the best place to find the pulse on a horse?
The best place to find a horses pulse is the muscle in front of its jaw, because that where the
facial artery is.
2) A horse's pulse can increase under what conditions
1) What is stomatitis?
Stomatitis is an infection located in the mouths of reptiles. It is also known as mouth rot. It can
be caused by bacteria, viruses, and fungi. In most cases the infection sets in when the reptile has
been under stre
Unit 6 lab questions
1) De Roode notes that animals besides humans self-medicate. From your own knowledge of
animals, what are some ways that domestic pets like cats and dogs self-medicate?
One think that I always was so shocked by was when my cat would e
Unit 7 Test questions
1) What are zooneses and reverse zooneses?
Zooneses are diseases that can be given to humans by animals. In most cases, they are
considered mainly animal diseases, even though they can affect humans. Reverse zoonosis is
when a diseas
1) The nervous system sends messages to other parts of the body that helps the body preform
2) The gastrointestinal system is the system that digest food. It includes the stomach, intestines,
liver, and pancreas. Once the food it
1. The two types of white-collar crimes are occupational and corporate crimes.
2. Three types of occupational crimes are: individual occupational crime, professional
occupational crime, and organizational occupational crime. An example o
1. Cybercrime is a problem today because society is becoming more and more connected
2. Todays cybercriminals are very professional, organized, and often advertise their
3. A computer or business can be infected with a com
I do think that all public works crimes should be legalized as they do not have a victim. Focusing
on these crimes takes away time, manpower, and money that could be spent on people that
are committing crimes that actually do have victims. If public works
Unit: Mental and Emotional Health
Section: Types of Health
Activity: DECIDE Model
I have a very important Science project that is due tomorrow and you havent even started it yet. I plan
on spending several hours doing it tonight whe
Static Electricity Stations Lab
Comb, fur, aluminum can
Charge the comb. Lay the can on its side. Hold the charged comb near (not touching) the can.
What do you observe happening to the can?
Why do you think that this happens?
Journal: Keeping an Eye on Particles
1. Describe the behavior of the food coloring in each glass.
The dye that went into the warm water spread out more quickly than the dye in the cold.
The dye in the cold water seemed to fall rather than immediately spr
Journal: Mathematics in Science and Nature
A situation when math can be used to express relationships in science and nature is with energy.
Solar energy, wind energy and many other types of energy takes a lot of math in the creation of
these and also figu
Journal: Experimental Design
How many times can a single earthworm be divided into new earthworms before it dies? When
spiders bite, is it because of a threat or some chemical you release? Why does pasta taste better
the next day? Ill choose why does past
Journal: Stimulating Acid Rain
After placing the egg in the vinegar, the vinegar has started bubbling. After two hours, the egg no
long has its shell and has slightly shrunk. It demonstrates how acids can break down many
things. Acid rain can break down l
Scientific Nature Unit Project
As you learned in Section 4, scientific knowledge can benefit the environment.
Researching to benefit society and the environment is one of the ethical responsibilities of scientists.
Humans face many environmen
Lab: Gravity and Air Resistance Lab and Discussion
Purpose of this Lab
In this lab, you will conduct an experiment to test the effect of parachute size on the rate at which
a skydiver falls through the air. Specifically, you will compare the terminal spee
One day Isaac was late for school. He never missed any of his classes but he was up
all night thinking about a new theory. He decided to take shortcut through the park. He
was running with constant velocity towards school, and suddenly looked at his watch
How does our Sun compare to other stars in terms of brightness and temperature?
2. Explain any patterns or trends displayed by the Group 1 stars.
3. Which group of stars represents the main sequence? How do you know this?
4. What s
Exploring sea level Rise
The melting of the polar ice in its various forms will affect the sea level because the polar
ice is water itself but the water level has barely risen and in the sea, the polar ice gives it more
water. Melting sea ice
Oxygen in the Atmosphere
Test Tube 1: The nails got deeper into the Calcium Chloride and nothing else happened but the
time changes to 72 hours.
Test Tube 2: Nothing else happened the nails remained the same and the time was set to 72
The argument for mountaintop removal is that it's cheaper than other mining methods.
The mountaintop removal will seem quite expensive because of the machines used in digging up
coal with cost about $100 million. But mount
A Journey Through Space
Once upon a time, in space there was an alien named Bryce. He had been planning to
travel light years by traveling the speed of light trying to reach the earth for research and to see
if there were any form of life on
By: Bryce Norman
Renewable energy source and why
I believe that solar power is the perfect renewable energy source for
my town because it is a better way to consume energy and
We have an pollution issue in our city and it is