The Judiciary #4
1) The intense struggle over the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court could have
occurred only in the United States because only here
a) Do judges play so large a role in making public policy.
b) Is there a judicial nominati
Review Questions- Chapter 14
1. Why could the intense struggle over the nomination of Robert Bork to the
Supreme Court could have only occurred in the US.
2. The chief judicial weapon in the governments system of checks and
UNIT 5: THE JUDICIARY
Chapter 16 Study Guide
How does one become a Federal Judge?
In the US there is a dual court system. What does that mean?
What is the rule of four?
From the average citizens perspective what are the two
Clean Air Act
pollution on a
Air quality act of
1967 and Earth
day in 1970
Sets standards for
did not have safe
Clean Water Act
Corona del Mar High School
MANDARIN CHINESE 2 - Syllabus
Mr. Stephen French (Fu4 Laoshi31)
E-mail: SFrench@nmusd.edu (best way to reach me)
Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part 2
Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part
1. To reduce my global eco footprint, I could replace inefficient devices to improve energy use,
replace electricity sources with solar panels, or reduce the amount of animal products I
2. 17.3 acres*(1 hectare/2.5 acres)=6.92 hectares
3. U.S. 6.
To reduce my ecological footprint, I would carpool more, eat more local foods, and
eat less meat.
19.1 acres X (1 hectares/2.5 acres)= 7.64 hectares
Australia (8.3 hectares) and Canada (6.6 hectares) were the countries with the
Political socialization The process through which
an individual acquires his or her particular political
orientations, including his or her knowledge,
feelings, and evaluations regarding his or her
I. factors that
AP American Government
Unit 3: Political Culture (1) Public Opinion (5)Parties (7) Elections
Mr. Andrew Conneen
Unit 3 Syllabus: 2
Political Ideology Quiz
Ch. 1, Pages 19-24 Assignment:2
David Brooks: One Nation Slightly
Unit 3 Study Guide
Chapters 7 (Public Opinion) & 8 (Political Participation)
1. Name three differences between elections in the US and elections in Europe.
(i.e. voter turnout)
2. Define public opinion. Why does public policy often diff