1. Spend some time exploring this website. Compare and contrast this Healthy Eating Plate to the
USDA MyPlate (chapter 2). List at least 2 major differences between this plate and the USDA
Compare USDA MyPlate and Healthy Eating plate
1. Sections o
1. The topic is sports nutrition. It is about the effect of Vitamin C intake which may alleviate
exercise-induced bronchoconstriction. I picked this topic because it actually seemed interesting
and could possibly actually contain useful information.
1. The protein value was over the Goal on MyPlate by everything else was under. According to
the USDA, I should be taking more whole grains such as brown rice for dinner. I should also be
eating different colored vegetables and starches such as sweet pota
1. My topic is about Vegetarian's. I chose this topic because the article seemed interesting to me
and I have always wanted to know more about Vegetarians. I always completely rejected their
Chapter 1 & Highlight
Be familiar with all definitions and informative facts in sidebars.
I. Food Choices: List, define and understand each of the 10 factors that affect food
choices as described in the book. Be aware of the food choice that is the chief
Digestion: In general, you should know the function of each part of the GI
tract (digestive, absorption, etc), what is secreted, where it is secreted, what
Mary (Masha) Demianova
Vitamins A, B, & C
are all ESSENTIAL vitamins required to
promote normal human body function.
all strengthen the immune system and
help metabolism functions.
A. Macronutrient Analysis:
1. Fiber intake (Bar Graph):
a. How many grams of fiber did you eat and what was your goal?
I only had 6.93 grams of fiber when my goal was 34.15 grams of fiber. I only
reached 16% of my goal.
b. If you ate less than your goal,
The webinar shared some interesting information about the
immune system but was a bit lengthy and boring at times. The
visuals were hard to interpret and weren't very good quality. The
book on the other hand, showed clear and colorful photos and