Reagans First Term
In 1980 Ronald Reagan powerfully promoted a conservative agenda.
As the 1980 presidential election approached, why was America a nation ready for
Reagan promised to return the country to a simpler time of low taxes, smaller
The Election of 1992
A harsh recession and soaring national debt had eroded public
confidence in the Bush administration.
Democrats turned to centrist governor Bill Clinton of Arkansas, who
stressed the need for fiscal responsibility, a middle-class tax
1) Potsdam Conference: The big 3: Stalin, Churchill, and Truman meet to discuss post WWII. They
compromise that each side would take reparations from its own occupation zone. It created the
Council of Foreign Ministers which marked the end
1) Josiah Strong- American clergyman who preached Anglo-Saxon superiority and called for a stronger
US missionary effort overseas.
2) Alfred Thayer Mahan- American naval officer,wrote influential books in which he emphasized se
1) Margaret Sanger: American leader for the movement to legalize birth control
during the early 1900s.
2) National War Labor Relations Board: Business leaders working together to solve labor difficulties which
disarrange the war efforts.