Unit 7 Lab Questions
1. Myths are stories that are based on tradition, and that explain the world around
us The evidence that points us to the universality of myths are that they all have
a common theme. They have common themes more than one common theme
Parallel Structure Lecture
When we talk about parallel structure, or "faulty parallelism" as some call it, we're dealing
with a balancing act. The idea isn't too hard, but most people don't think about it.
So what are we balancing? . . . pairs of
Active or Passive Quiz
Tell whether the following sentences are used in active or passive voice
1. I ate a piece of chocolate cake.
2. The librarian read the book to the students.
3. The money was stolen.
4. They are paid on Fridays.
5. The movie i
I. Thesis: Japanese theater rose from a popular
to elite and then returned to a popular art form.
The thesis is stated in the first section, which is
II. Early theatrical forms
The body follows the introduction, and breaks
ENG 111: Writing
Essay #3 Assignment
First Rough Draft due:
Second Rough Draft due:
Final Draft due:
2 to 3 pages, typed (may be more)
A comparison/contrast essay discusses two t
Unit 6 Lab Questions
Seth killed osiris because he was jealous and he wanted to be the ruler of the earth.
Osiris moved to the underworld
Horus was osiriss son who battled seth for the throne and regained it for the family.
This sounds like th
Unit 8 Lab Questions
1. I believe that the moral of this story is to continue to believe in something no
matter what that might be to keep hope alive and keep your spirits high.
2. The gnome and houses unite the same purpose for bringing people together i
Unit 3 Lab Questions
1. I dont believe there was a real King Arthur. King Arthur is a fictional character
said to be based off an ancient warrior. There is no physical evidence of a this
King Arthur, only hear say.
2. King Arthur is a hero. People conside
Unit 3 Text Questions
1. All heros have some similar characteristics to one another. Most become heroes
before they are even born into the world. Most hero births are foretold by
prophets or oracles of the time, and most are born during some crisis when a
Unit 8 Text Questions
1. They are both told for entertainment purposes, and, more importantly, to relate a
2. It gives them a sense of control over fate. Makes them feel like they understand
what is happening around them when in actuality they have
Unit 4 Text Questions
Animals in myths and legends usual play the role of the antagonist or faithful
companion. They are ultimately the beast that the hero must defeat or a force
that offers help along the way. An example of
Unit 7 Text Questions
1. The Myths and legends that are common to many cultures are the creation myths the
myths basically telling how humans got here and where they came from but mostly they
differ in many cultures but the background is usually the sa
Unit 5 Lab Questions
1. The first beings in the Navajo myth were First Man, First Women, Salt Woman, Fire God,
Coyote, and Begochiddy. The cat people occupied the second world. The water monster
flooded the third world to get his child back.
2. The first
Unit 5 Text Questions
1. Myths and legends often contain a moral that it tries to convey to the listeners/ readers.
Sometimes we find ourselves doing things that are influenced by myths or legends. It is
said that myths and legends, in a sense, transcribe
Define each term and use it correctly in a sentence
abide by/abide with
5. could of/could have