1. Do you think human societies are characterized more by competition or cooperation?
Eventually competition between human societies will end, forcing humans to cooperate together to
fulfill or complete a goal in which we become characterized through.
1. Organized crime now accounts for how much of the global GDP?
Research estimates that 15% of all the global GDP accounts for organized crime.
2. What do you think has led to this increase in organized crime?
The increase is most likely linked to the dra
1. What is a social group? How are in-groups different from out-groups?
A social group is made up of two or more individuals that share similar aspects about their interactions.
In-groups are groups you have a likeness for and out-groups
1. Why are some people against the introduction of television in Bhutan?
Because some seek to preserve their culture and feel the introduction of the television will change it for
2. "People have suddenly realized that there are so many things
1. What is deviance? Give one example of deviance.
Deviance is the violation of a cultures norms and also when a person commits an act against the norms.
An extreme example of deviance is murder or rape and a broader example would be if y
1. What is the Davis-Moore thesis?
Davis-Moores thesis is the idea that social stratification has good consequences for society.
2. List and define three different systems of stratification in society.
Three different systems of stratific
1. What is socialization and why is it important for humans?
The process through which people learn all the different aspects of a culture and lets them become a
member of that society. It is important because socialization also contribut
1. What is the idea of the "blank slate"?
That we as human beings, are born with some innate traits and arent born with all of the traits we have
2. What are some of the reasons to doubt that our minds are "blank slates"?
Common sense and human unive
1. What are some of the effects of being poor for kids? Describe what life is like for the kids shown in the
video. Write at least two paragraphs describing the effects on children and teens.
2. What are the effects of poverty on parents and the families?
1. What are two ways that culture is developed in a society?
Culture is developed through innovation and diffusion.
2. List and define two different elements of culture.
Two different elements of culture are language and norms.
3. What ar