Unit Two: Lab Questions
Research Methods <- your first lab link
Click through the links (including the highlighted words) to learn more about
1. What are four phases in doing research? Describe each phase.
Discovery phase- your observati
1. What are the two main reasons that psychologists do research?
To increase knowledge and finding better ways to help people.
2. Why is an experiment called a controlled study?
The researcher controls the setting of the study and most variables
1. What is the focus of community psychology?
The focus of community psychology is dealing with the mental health and social issues in
a community. An example may be that a death of a well-known and well like person of
the community has d
1. What is Eliza and how does it work?
Eliza is a computer program that imitates a Rogerian psychotherapist.
2. Click here to read a description of person-centered therapy. Eliza uses
person-centered therapy. What does that mean?
Person-centered therapy i
October 7, 2016
Psychology is the scientific study of the human mind and its
functions, especially those affecting behavior in a given
Erik Erikson: Theory of Psychosocial
Erikson's stages of psychos