THE COSMOS TEAM CONTRACT
The Cosmos Team Contract (hereinafter CONTRACT) is made and entered into by and
between certain students of .and collectively referred to as MEMBERS or THE
COSMOS, is based upon the following recital of facts:
RECITAL OF FACTS
Names of memebers
1.) Code of Conduct: working as a team is important; as such individuals should always
be willing to help other team members. If a member is having difficulty with aspects
of the project, other members should be avail
Team Goal: Create a well organized presentation that engages the GBA615 Summer 2013 students
and results in earning an A on the team project.
All members of Crusty Sushi understand that the GBA 615 team project is an opportunity
Least Preferred Coworker Scale
Think of all the different people with whom you have ever worked . . . in jobs, in social clubs, in
student projects, or whatever. Next think of the one person with whom you could work least
well, that is, the p
1. A: The development and application of the science of psychology to the
2. A: The efficiency/productivity of organizations and the satisfaction/well-being of
3. A: Research and Practice
4. A: Universities
5. A: Competence, In
Practice Quiz: Review of Chapter 2
1. What is the purpose behind why I-O psychologists use research?
a. To solve an organizational problem
b. . To answer a scientific question
c. To rule out alternative explanations
d. All of the above
2. Every study begi
Practice Quiz: Reviewing for Chapter 12
1. What are the components of a work team? (List all three)
2. Define work group.
3. What are the concepts of work groups and work teams? (Name three)
4. T/F Social inhibition refers to when a task is simple or well
Answers Practice Quiz: Reviewing for Chapter 12
1. Type of work group that: is interdependent & coordinated, has specified role for
each member, and accomplishes a common goal and objective
2. A work group is a collection of people who interact and share
Practice Quiz: Reviewing Chapter 4
1. Identify three practices that minimize legal challenges pertaining to performance
2. List three factors that influence ratings on performance appraisals.
3. Rater error training reduces _ _and _
Answers for Practice Quiz: Reviewing Chapter 4
1. Examples: Use a job analysis in order to define dimensions of performance,
develop rating form to assess dimensions from prior point, train raters in how to
2. Examples: Liking of subord
Answers for Practice Quiz: Reviewing Chapter 8
Motivation: the internal state that induces people to engage in particular behaviors
Physiological, Safety, Love, Esteem, Self-actualization
The two factors include: 1) Hygiene factors which ref
Practice Quiz: Reviewing Chapter 8
1. Define motivation.
2. This theory refers to the perceived unfairness of rewards in relation to inputs.
a. Reinforcement theory
b. Justice-Equity theory
c. Distributive and Procedural Justice theory
d. Control theory
Practice Quiz: Review of Chapter 3
1. Define and describe the primary components of job analysis.
2. List the three purposes of a job analysis.
3. Describe the characteristics pertaining to person oriented job analysis.
4. What are the steps in performing
Answers for Practice Quiz: Review of Chapter 3
1. Job analysis is the formal methods for describing jobs and human attributes
necessary for jobs. Process should be systematic, the job is broken into smaller
units, and the results should be in some written
Practice Quiz: Reviewing Chapter 5
1. Define the many characteristics of people needed for a job (hint: KSAOs).
2. Provide three examples of tests used by I-O psychologists and describe the
primary function of each test.
3. What are work samples?
Answers for Practice Quiz: Reviewing Chapter 6
1. Acquiring Applicants, Selecting Applicants
3. Example: Less valid procedures are used widely in comparison to the United
4. Two examples: Base rate for success: should be 50%; Selection ratio
Answers for Practice Quiz: Reviewing Chapter 5
1. Knowledge, skills, ability, and other personality characteristics
2. Examples of three:
Emotional Intelligence- Ability to control and recognize emotions
Integrity- Predicts whether person will engage in