Data Flow Diagram
1) In preparing a DFD, when data are transformed through a process, the symbol used
A) a circle.
B) an arrow.
C) a square.
D) two horizontal lines.
2) Which is the correct label for the blank transformation process circle in th
Following is a context diagram for a current Payroll Processing System, write down
the following titles in their proper places:
Employee paychecks or pay stubs 4
Time cards 2
Government agencies 6
Human resources 1
1) The Trust Services Framework reliability principle that states that users must be
able to enter, update, and retrieve data during agreed-upon times is known as
2) According to the Trust Se
Chapter (12): Exercises
21) Which is the best control to prevent invoicing customers for more than the actual
A) Use the information from the sales order to prepare the sales invoice.
B) Use the information from the packing slip
Chapter (8) - Review
1) Which of the following is not one of the three fundamental information security
A) Information security is a technology issue based on prevention.
B) Security is a management issue, not a technology issue.
C) The idea of
1) Which of the following is generally not shown on a receiving report?
A) price of the items
B) quantity of the items
C) purchase order number
D) counted and inspected by
2) A receiving clerk notes that a delivery of 10 units has been received,
1) A special purpose hardware device or software running on a general purpose
computer, which filters information that is allowed to enter and leave the
organization's information system, is known as a(n)
A) demilitarized zone.
What is the number of good units produced in a given period of time called?
a. Productive capacity
b. Productive processing time
2. Which document is used to record adjustments to accounts payable based on
the return of unaccepta
SUGGESTED ANSWERS TO THE PROBLEMS
Match the term in the left column with its definition in the right column.
1. _d_ CRM system
2. _g_ Open-invoice
3. _a_ Credit memo
4. _h_ Credit limit
5. _b_ Cycle billing
6. _c_ FEDI
7. _n_ Remittance
1) The acronym "RFP" stands for what?
A) Request for Project
B) Request for Processing
C) Request for Proposal
D) Request for Purchase
2) The VP of Manufacturing at Roshanak Incorporated wants to buy a new die cast
machine for produc
Chapter (12): Exercises
1) _ is not a basic activity of the revenue cycle.
A) Sales order entry
C) Receiving (purchase C)
2) The activities involved in soliciting and processing customer orders within the revenue
cycle are known as