2 June 2014
Precipitation is the creation of a solid in a solution or inside another solid during a
chemical reaction or by diffusion in a solid. When the reaction occurs in a liquid solution, the
1. D-2.4 mL
2. D-0.431 g/L
3. A-0.17 mol/kg
5. A- 406 mL
6. B- 8.808 mL
7. C- 1.151 g
8. A- 2 X Concentration of Solution 2 = Concentration of Solution 3
9. D- Osmotic Pressure
10. B- Colloid particles are much smaller than solvated particles
Virtual Solubility Lab-Write Up
Hypothesis: If the temperature increases, then the solubility decreases.
Experiment: Place various types of substances into various temperatures, then record
NH 4 Cl
1. Some commonly used quantitative descriptions are percent
by either mass or volume, molarity, and molality
2. The description used depends on the type of solution
analyzed and the reason for describing it
In your own words, define the term: solution.
A solution is a substance containing two or more substances combined.
Pg. 461 #(3-7)
3. A solution may exist as a gas, liquid, or solid depending on the state of its solvent.
The various typ
1. Define Solubility
Solubility is the property of a solid, liquid, or gaseous chemical substance
called solute to dissolve in a solid, liquid, or gaseous solvent to form a homogeneous
solution of the solute in the solvent.
How is so
What are solutions?
Characteristics of Solutions
May exist as a gas, liquid, or solid depending on the state of its
A substance that dissolves in a solvent
A substance that does not dissolve in a solvent is an insoluble