Chamber AChamber B
Isopods Preference for
Chamber AChamber B 4
Number of Terrestrial Isopods
Type of Chamber
In our experiment, we tested whether terrestrial isopods and mealworms had a preference
for sugary food, in this case, jam. We recorded a control experiment to see which side of the
chamber the animals tended to move towards before doing the e
February 22, 2015
Natural Selection Lab
Purpose: to study the relationship between variation and natural selection.
PART ONE FINGERNAIL LENGTHS
a. Measure your own fingernail lengths to the nearest centimeter. Measure from
1. What was the enzyme in this lab and what was the source of the enzyme?
The enzyme in this lab was catalase and the source was yeast.
2. What was the substrate in this lab?
The substrate in this lab was hydrogen peroxide.
3. Write the reaction
1. Calculate the water potential of your potato cells. Use the molar concentration from
Graph 1. Use the formula Water Potential= -iCRT
a. Distilled water = (-1)(0)(0.0831)(296)=0
October 7, 2014
Purpose: To determine which tests (indicators) react positively with monosaccharides,
polysaccharides, proteins, and lipids, and to discern which of these organic molecules are in
Protein Drink and Je
1. What is the independent variable in your experiment?
The independent variable is the distance from the light source.
2. What is the dependent variable in your experiment?
The dependent variable is the amount of disks that float to the top of
1. What patterns do you see in the relatedness of anole lizards?
Lizards from the same ecomorph are less related to one another than lizards that inhabit
the same island.
2. Do species from the same ecomorph group together on a branch of the phy
Chapter 13, 14, 15 Exam
Offspring is a clone (identical to parent)
Offspring is different than parents
2. Fertilization is the joining of two gametes
(egg and sperm). Genes fro
1. Central dogma of molecular biology: DNA RNA Proteins
Many different roles
3. The functions:
mRNA: the messenger that carries a genetic message from the D
Chapter 16: The Molecular Basis of Inheritance Study Questions
1. A number of historically important scientists and experiments are presented in this chapter and have been
known to be tested by the AP Biology National exam. For each scientist or team of s