- spinning of Earth on its axis
- causes daylight and night
- 1 day; 23 hours, 56 min, 4 sec
- apparent motion of the sun around the Earth
- 15 per hour
- causes deflection of winds and ocean
States of Matter
1) Kinetic energy (KE) is the energy of motion.
2) Potential energy (PE) is the energy of position.
3) What property of a substance corresponds to the average KE of its particles? temperature
4) What property of a sub
Nature of Energy & Work
Conservation of Energy
Conversion between forms of Energy
What evidence of energy is there in the Universe?
What is the relationship between energy and work
What is the nature of
STATES OF MATTER
1. Compare the solid state of oxygen, neon, argon and water. Record your
observations. Pictures are allowed.
2. Are your observations, applicable to all solids? Expl
Lab ActivityDrawing Planetary Orbits
Purpose: to demonstrate Keplers First Law of Planetary Motion by calculating the eccentricity of ellipses.
Objectives: Upon completion of this laboratory exercise, students will be a
Earth in Space and Time: SC.5.E.5.1
1) Marc notices that when he looks at the stars at night, some appear to be brighter than others. Which
three factors affect how bright a star appears to an observer on Earth?
the star's color, size, and dis