Data Sheets of
Periodic Table of the Elements
We have completed the content of the Physics 30 Course:
The last content covered was _.
Uniform motion (balanced forces)
Uniformly accelerated motion (unbalanc
20092010 Diploma Examinations Program
Updated September 18, 2009
This document was written primarily for:
of Physics 30
Distribution: This document is posted
Newtons 3 Laws overview
Newtons First Law
1. What is inertia?
2. Inertia is related to the mass of an object
3. Changes in inertia require a force
Force: common word and usually means a pull or push
o A tow truck pulls a stalled car by applying a force t
Electrostatics Lab (Coulombs Law)
Electrostatics is the study of stationary electric charges. A plastic rod rubbed with
fur or a glass rod rubbed with silk will attract small pieces of paper. This means
that the rod is electrically charged. The charge on
Describe and explain the Tundra Environment
- It is the coldest of the biomes
- Located at high altitudes and latitudes
- Drilling for oil in tundra by humans
- Some characteristics are Extremely cold climate Low biotic diversity
- Simple vegetati
1621-Willebrord Snell identified the exact relationship between the angle of
incidence and the angle of refraction.
It was important because:
His law explained the phenomenon of refraction
Helped to prove that light is a wave.
1. Max Planck was born in April 23, 1858 in Kiel, Germany. He studied in Universities
of Munich, Kiel, Gottingen and Berlin, and also took courses from physicists and
-He was one of the first physicists who suggested that energy waves, such
1. What distance does a car travel in 75 minutes if it travels with an average speed of
75 km/h during this time? (94 km)
2. A man walks for 25 s at a speed of 1.5 m/s and then runs for 40 s at 3.0 m/s. How
far does the man travel
Subatomic Zoo & The Standard
Where do other particles come from?
Physicists study cosmic rays (high energy
particles from space) to try to answer this question
Also use particle accelerators
Consist of mostly p+, with 2+, e-, e+, p- and
How does the initial starting height of a ball travelling a parabolic path affect the range?
Ring stand with clamp
(2) Metre sticks
Max Planck was born in April 23, 1858 in Kiel, Germany.
-He studied in Universities of Munich, Kiel, Gottingen and
Berlin, and also took courses from physicists and
-He was one of the first physicists who suggested that