Vocabulary List 16
1.maim verb to cripple; mutilate
1. malice noun active ill will; desire to harm another; evil intent
2. mandate noun order or command
3. mar - verb to injure so as to make imperfect, spoil
5. marauder noun raider or plunder
Chapter 13 Section 1
What is meant by the statement: The seeds of WW II had been sown in WWI?
1. In the 1936 summer Olympics, who shattered Hitlers myth of the greatness of the German people and of the racial
Chapter 15 Sections 3 & 4 Summary
1. Why were the post war years a tense time in the United States?
Worried about spread of _
2. What two events added greatly to the nations anxiety?
3. What happened that caused the U.
World War II
Chapter 13 Section 2
1. Who was the British prime minister who boasted of having achieved peace in our time at the
verge of World War II?
2. What policy gives into aggressive demands to maintain peace?
3. Who wa
The Great Depression
Chapters 11 & 12
Mood in America was _
Life expectancy _
The Roaring Twenties was a period of _ and _ economic growth
_ _ _ total value of _ and _ produced in a year rose _.
_ advances had reduced
Youth often model current fads.
Think of the language you use,
particularly words and phrases
that are fads today. You are
to come up with an
Your dictionary should
be complete with at least 5
words or phrases and their
Team Teaching Assignment
1. Select a group chairperson.
Your job is to serve as
Speaker for your group
Keeps group on task
2. Select a group secretary
Your job is to.
Organize the groups paper work.
3. Read your section
4. Make a l
Chapter 10 Summary
1. Why are the 1920s referred to as the Roaring Twenties?
2. Which amendment gave women the right to vote?
3. What popular image reflected the many changes affecting women in the 1920s
At the beginning of
Chapter 9 Summary
1. What problems faced the U.S. after World War I? (3)
2. What events were taking place in Russia that were of concern to post World War I America?
3. What group wanted to form a new soci
Chapter 13 Section 3
World War II
1. The desire to avoid involvement in foreign wars was known as?
2. Why did the American people support an isolationist policy?
3. With respect to isolationism, what was Roosevelts view?
Name: Riju Abraham
HST303B/304B: U.S. History | Unit 2 | Lesson 16: Analyzing an Era
Quiz, Part 2
Complete this teacher-scored portion of the Quiz and submit it to your teacher by the due date for full credit.
HST303B/304B: U.S. History | Unit 2 | Lesson 19: Turning Points Unit Test
Unit Test, Part 2: Turning Points
Complete this teacher-scored portion of the Unit Test and submit it to your teacher by the due date
Name: Riju Abraham
HST303/304B: U.S. History | Unit 3 | Lesson 7: Reflections
Meeting Needs Head On
1. After you have taken your virtual field trip and examined first-hand accounts about the Depr
HST303B/304B: U.S. History | Unit 3 | Lesson 2: Depression
Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
1. Read the song lyrics and consider what they mean. Just what are the messages of this song? Write
HST303B/304B: U.S. History | Unit 3 | Lesson 11: The War at Home
Korematsu v. the United States (1944)
Use the background information and the primary sources in the Graded Assignment: Primary Sources sheet t
HST303B/304B: U.S. History | Unit 4 | Lesson 14: Postwar America Unit Test
Unit Test, Part 2: Postwar America
Complete this teacher-scored portion of the Unit Test, and submit it to your teacher by the due d
Research Project Part 3
Initial money in hand $120,000.
Money worth of assets bought $114,015
Money left in hand $ 5,985
Total worth of assets after 6 week period $116,642.
Overall positive earnings registered.
The most profitable stock was Nokia Corp (AD
History | The Berlin Airlift
The Berlin Airlift
The Berlin Airlift was an effort by the United States and Great Britain to supply the people of Berlin with muchneeded food and supplies. Visit the website American Experience: The Berlin Airlift
English 9 CP-Period 2
29 March 2015
Roller Coasters Sonnet
Roller coasters have haunted my life since I was born.
When I go to sleep roller coasters make me scream.
On a roller coaster my heart feels like it's torn.
SEVERE LIGHTNING AND THUNDERSTORMS
BY: ADRIAN ALFARO
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THUNDERSTORMS?
WILL USUALLY HAPPEN
IS GUSTY WINDS,
HEAVY RAIN , AND
WHERE ON EARTH DO THUNDERSTORMS HAPPEN?
IN THE U.S., MOST
HAPPEN IN FLORIDA OR
Haohui Li or Andy Li
The fed NO.10 Essay
In James Madisons The Federalist, No.10, he argues for the idea of a federal
republic and indicates his counterpart to the violence of faction-separation of
people who have different interests. In
6.2.5 Practice: What Would You Advise?
1. As chairperson of the Federal Reserve, you are worried that the economy is facing a downturn. List the many actions you can take
using the Federal Reserve. (5 points)
Use open-market operations. The Federal Reserv
Following his post-graduation life, Eli Whitney travelled to the state of Georgia to find an
adequate source of income, specifically in the field of tutoring. As Whitneys tutoring job began,
he was able to get acquainted with Mrs. Catharine Greene, and Ph