Chapter 6- Public Opinion Learning Objectives
Objective 1: Describe how demographic factors shape who we are politically.
1. What were the three great waves of immigration to the United States?
1. North Western Europe (England, Ireland, Germany) early to
Ch. 9- Campaigns and Voting Behavior Learning
Objective 1: Explain the nomination process and the role of the national party conventions.
1. List the three elements needed for success in the nomination game.
2. Media Attention
Chapter 8- Political Parties
Objective 1: Discuss the meaning and functions of a political party.
Define the term political party.
A group of people that get together to contest elections and to hold power in government. Examples ar
Chapter 2- The Constitution
Objective 1: Discuss the importance of the English philosophical heritage, the colonial experience, the Articles of
Confederation, and the character of the Founding Fathers in shaping the agenda of the Const
Ch. 11- Interest Groups
Objective 1: Define interest groups and distinguish them from political parties.
1. Provide a definition of the term interest group.
Interest groups are an organization that is composed of people that share poli
Chapter 3- Federalism Learning Objectives
Objective 1: Define federalism and explain why it is important to American government and politics.
1. Define three ways of organizing a nation that were discussed in the text.
1. Unitary: National
2. Federal: Com
Chapter 7- Mass Media Learning Objectives
Objective 1: Describe the characteristics of the mass media today.
1. Explain the purpose of a media event.
It communicates a message and is critical for a candidates political success. The key of this is to gain
Chapter 11- Congress Learning Objectives
Objective 1: Describe the characteristics of our senators and representatives, and the nature of their jobs.
1. Describe a typical member of Congress in terms of the following categories.
I chose to take AP Government and Politics because I like to challenge myself. Also since I was
in AP History for two years it only seamed logical to take an AP Government Class, I truly look