AP WORLD HISTORY
Periodization 5 Project
This project requires you, the student, to print and read through this packet, annotate ALL reading sections as you read
through them, AND complete all reflection/response sections as directed. A
APWH Chapters 28-32 Multiple Choice Stem Question Study Guide 2014-2015
Chapter 28: Revolutions and National States in the Atlantic World
1. The author of the Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen was _. ANDIn
response to the Declarati
APWH Chapters 22-27 Multiple Choice Stem Question Study Guide 2014-2015
Chapter 22: Transoceanic Encounters and Global Connections
1. Which of the following was NOT one of the main inspirations for European exploration? ANDThe first European nation to
Transoceanic Encounters and Global Connections
1. The Portuguese mariner who sailed to Calicut in 1498 was
e. Vasco da Gama.
2. Which of the following was NOT one o
Name: Gerardo Castillo
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 10
Write a 90-second impromptu speech outline on one of the following topics:
baseball; lightning storms; homework; the joys of children; your love for
Homework is important because in some cases i
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 10
Write a 90-second impromptu speech outline on one of the following topics: baseball; lightning
storms; homework; the joys of children; your love for math.
2. List the three primary purposes of public speaking and gi
Assignment 4: Persuasive Speech
How should we act?
suggesting a course of behavior. You may want to encourage your
audience to participate in a specific practice or behavior or you may
want to convince them to discontinue acting in a certain pattern or
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 4
Brainstorm a list of 10 positive things about yourself. List them and reflect on all of your positive
traits. Reflect on the process. Was it hard? Do you take time to remember the valuable thigns
about yourself? Do y
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 8
1. Who is the best teacher you have had in your life? What did he or she teach? Did you learn the
material well? Why? Did you learn things about yourself? Why and what? What did you like
about this teacher? Talk about h
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 5
Do some research on the the exact day of your birth. Use the interent and also at least one
newspaper article to describe several things that happened on your exact birthday.
2. List three publications (magazines, te
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 6
1. List three people that you consider to be good listeners. What, specifically, do they do as good
listeners? How has this impacted your life?
2. Ask someone from a different cultural background about their listening h
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 1
Identify three people whose communication behaviors have had an impact on your life and list
specific practices that the person has demonstrated. Discuss how they communicate and not
just what they communicate.
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 7
1. Practiced an enlarged speech with a friend. Ask someone to listen to you for a few minutes as
you use a louder voice and larger body motions than you usually do. Reflect on the experience.
Include times youve seen ot
COM 120 Homework: Chapter 3
Identify the purposes of the introduction, body and conclusion of a speech.
2. Identify transition strategies. Why are transitions important?
3. Make a list of all the duties, responsibilities and chores you have to
Gatsby Analytical Essay
Choose a theme, motif (repeating symbol or image or rhetorical device) or idea and write a three
page typed analytical essay about The Great Gatsby that analyzes an argument or observation
Fitzgerald makes about American culture in
A LGEBRA II F INAL E XAM - T OPICS L IST 1213
The following second-semester topics will appear on the final exam. Almost all the concepts
explored in first semester carry over throughout these topics, as well!
CHAPTER 6 Exponential and Logarithmic Topics
CHAPTER 22 REVIEW
1. The Portuguese mariner who sailed to Calicut in 1498 was Vasco da Gama.
2. What were the main inspirations for European exploration?
3. The first European nation to dominate trade with Asia was Portugal
4. The Portuguese viewed the At