Wildflower Research Results
Average # of
flowers (per 10 m2 species
1. What is the ratio between the currently flowering species and the
total number of species of flowers in Field 1?
1. A typical earthworm is 7.8 cm long. When it rains, earthworms
'surface' due to a rise in the water table. If you were to collect 132
earthworms and line them up end to end along the sidewalk, how long would
the earthworms be?
2. Calculate the percenta
1. What are the four types of matter?
Solid, Liquid, Gas, Plasma
2. Describe how to use a scale to measure the weight of a rock using the metric system.
3. What is the definition of volume?
The amount of space an object takes up.
4. What is a cubic centim
Yes it does seem surprising because of the common stereotype that palm trees grow only in
Hurricane Katrina formed August 23, 2005
in the Bahamas.
The hurricane then began to cross
southern Florida, the Gulf of Mexico, and
then to southeast Louisiana, causing
destruction across the coast
1. Search the internet for a picture of the Earth's atmospheric layers. The picture must
include the troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere and thermosphere. Paste the picture
2. Imagine you are in a rocket flying from the Earth to the moon. What ha
Glaciated Valley formed by the process of glaciation. Glaciated valleys are formed when a
glacier travels across and down a slope, carving the valley by the action of scouring. When the
ice recedes or thaws, the valley remains, often littered with small b
1. Were your predictions for plate boundary locations close? What clues did you use to make
your most accurate predictions?
Three volcanoes in south-west Washington, and one volcano upper-middle California. I inferred
from the picture that in those areas,
In your document create a table with the following date and fill in the
table with the correct information.
4.2 x 10^5
3.1576 x 1
1. Read the volume (in milliliters) contained in these graduated
2. When adding and subtracting, both values must be reported in the
same units. Complete the following calculations and report your answer
with the correct number of significant
The time intervals between the arrival of P and S waves at the three different seismograph
stations are directly proport
Measure location at current time, then again in a year or so, and divide the change in
distance by the time to find the distance/time.
Shifting Air currents, water, land.
The material is flowing outward, away from the center
Land, water, everything touching
In this flyby, the brown-colored terrain is loaded with mountainous ranges, and seemingly
sandy plains and a lake.
Vegetation appears to rise and fall according to the summer/winter months of the appropriate
The UV exposure seems to be consistently high near the equator, with rises and falls
Western America, Northern and
Southern Africa, Western South
America, Mid Australia, Middle
East, Mid Asia
Typical Plant Life
Typical Animal Life
Leaves are "replete" (fully supported