1. wavelength= about 7.5 cm amplitude= about 1.5 cm
2. 0.5 hertz
3. 2 seconds
4. The period of a 440 hertz sound wave is 1/440 seconds
5. f=1/t f=1/8 f= 0.125 hertz
6. The frequency is 600 hertz.
7. The speed of sound is 340 m/s 340/600= 0.566
Morgan Johnson- Honors Physics assignment 6.01 Lab
Time for 20 swings
Use Graphical Analysis to make a graph of the period versus the len
1. A & B
a. Cell phones use radiation to send signals.
b. Cell phones use radio-frequency radiation; it is different from other types
because radio-frequency radiation has both an electric and magnetic fields.
2. Excessive exposure to radiation can be har
1. Do waves transport the energy of disturbances? Explain.
-Yes, its like dropping a stone into the water. The wave isnt caused by the stone being dropping but the
waves are the energy of the stone radiating out across the water.
2. The num
1. Here is the URL for the Washington Monument. Go to the web site to retrieve the information
for part A.
a) If 1 meter = 3.28 feet, what is the height of the Washington Monument in meters?
- 555 feet 169.207 meters
b) A worker assigned to the restoratio
1. What is the unit of measure of current?
2. What was the original term for the battery?
3. Who invented the incandescent light bulb?
Sir Joseph Wilson Swan and Thomas Alva Edison
4. Who invented the fluorescent l
1. Visit the following URL: What is absolute zero?
a. According to this website, what is the definition of "absolute zero"?
This website states their definition that absolute zero is the lowest possible temperature, at which
point the atoms of a substance
1. Millikan used an apparatus that included a glass wool filter attached to the
atomizer with the oil which connected to a metal plate with a pinhole. This was all
connected to a battery with a voltage of 10000 v. The atomizer produced a spray
5.04 Electric Fields and Forces
1. Discuss the symmetry between the laws of Charles Coulomb and Sir
Isaac Newton regarding forces
Coulomb's law has the force on one charged body due to another
equal and opposite to the force on that other charge
1. The web site presents extensive information regarding tsunamis. Survey the site.
A. Select the five facts about tsunamis that were the most interesting or
surprising to you. Make a list of your facts.
Tsunamis can travel inland along river b
1. Temperature: Put some hot water, warm water, and cold water in three
bowls. Just use water from your faucet, and please be sure that the hot
water is not too hot to touch! Place a finger in the hot water and a
finger of the other hand in the cold water