Styles of Loving
Stages of Relationship
Relationship Questions: You Can Count on Me
Rudy & Terry
1. Rudy seems to really enjoy Terrys company throughout most of the movie. Rudy
admires Terry for his ability to have fun. Rudy listens to Terry for enjoyment,
Uppers & Downers
1. I am proud to say that I have a lot of positive influences, or uppers, in my life.
Over the past couple of years specifically I have really appreciated these uppers
influence. My mother, for example, I consi
Relationship Questions: Terms of Endearment
Aurora and Emma
1. Aurora and Emma exhibit a couple different styles of love. The first and more
obvious style of love would be agape love. Agape love is a selfless love that is
Relationship Questions: Smoke Signals
Thomas & Victor
1. Victor exhibits a wide range of emotions while Thomas is usually upbeat except
in one instance. Victor seems to be an upbeat type of guy at the beginning of the
Directed by: Chris Eyre
Movie Analysis By: John Bieler
Smoke Signals Synopsis
Two young Indian boys named Thomas and Victor decide to make a trip from
their reservation. Thomas and Victor differ greatly. Thomas is nerdy and co
Relationship Questions: 3
Remember: choose one relationship between two characters to answer the following:
1) What stage of friendship are these two people in at the close of the film?
2) What are some pressures that affect their relationship?
3) What or
Relationship Questions: Lucas
Lucas & Maggie
1. At the end of the movie, Lucas and Maggie are at the stabilized friendship stage.
Towards the end of the movie, Lucas tries to play football but gets knocked out.
However, Lucas a
The Nature of Friendships
Willingness to Invest
Stages of Friendship
Role Limited Interaction
Moving Toward Friendship