Student Name: Anna Czerechowicz
Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Title: Campbell, Biology: Concepts and Connections, 7e - Study Area
Book's Title: Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connections
Book's Author: Reece / Taylor / Simon / Di
Use this list as a general study guide as you study the lecture notes and your textbook prior to exam #1.
For lecture exam #1, you should be able to:
1. Define: biology, science, nonscience, pseudoscience
Biology is the branch of science that deals with l
April 17th 2010
1. Adults have many cells that engage in mitosis because even after an organism is
fully grown, mitosis in cell division functions as renewal, repairing, and replacing
cells that die from normal wear and tear or a
May 6, 2010
1. DNA contains the information to build amino acids which are then assembled to
make a protein.
2. The monomers of nucleic acids are nucleotides. The individual sub units of these
nucleotides consist of a nitrogeno
March 2, 2010
1. Catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of reversible chemical reactions
without altering its equilibrium point.
2. Enzymes are the protein of catalyst that speeds up chemical reactions in cells.
February 8, 2010
1. What chemical reaction is responsible for joining monomers in the construction of
- Dehydration reaction
2. Which ions are donated by the reactants in the above chemical reaction?
- H+ and OH3.
February 15, 2010
1. If the eyepiece on a microscope has a magnification of 10X, what is the total
magnification with a 10X objective?
- Total Magnification = eye piece (10X) x Objective (10X) = 100X Total Mag.
What is the magnif