College-101 course class has taught me many very important things that I can carry
along for my future that will be very helpful especially during tough time during midterm and
towards the en
September 27, 2010
My Personal Rules for Success in College and In Life
1. Title a clean journal page MY PERSONAL RULES FOR SUCCESS IN COLLEGE
AND IN LIFE. Below that, write a list of your own rules for achieving your goals in
1. Write about the system (or lack of system) that you presently use to decide what you will
do each day.
The system that I like to use is manly mental. I keep track of what homework I have to do
by simply remembering it. Since I have 4
October 10, 2010
Journal Entry 28
1. Write about an experience when you felt one of the following emotions:
FRUSTRATION or ANGER, FEAR or ANXIETY, SADNESS or DEPRESSION.
This past Friday was one of my most frustrating times in my college exper
October 3, 2010
Journal Entry 26
1. Write about where you are presently off course in your role as a student and offer
a plan for making course correction.
1. The class that I am most off course is my English 102 class. My desired
September 20, 2010
1. Write and complete the following sentence stems:
1. An outer obstacle that stands between me and my success in college is a teacher that
expects us to do everything by ourselves and not take the time to explain thi
August 30, 2010
Journal Entry 6 - Wise Choices
1) Write the six questions of the Wise Choice Process and answer each one as it relates to
1. I took a math quiz for Calculus on Friday and I thought I was going to get a C or bette
August 29, 2010
Journal Entry 3
1) In your journal, write a list of ten or more of your personal strengths.
Im a good problem solver.
I like challenges.
I like the way that I can control my emoti
September 26, 2010
Journal Entry 21
1. Write about one of your self-defeating behavior patterns.
One of my self-defeating behavior patterns is that I always wait until the last minute to do my
assignments. For example, in my college 101 class
Journal Entry 8
1. In your journal, draw an empty table like Table 3.1. Fill in three or more of your
own desired outcomes for this course and/or this semester. Next to each, explain why
you value achieving that outcome.
September 11, 2010
1. Write a one-sentence statement of one of your most motivating goals or dreams in your
role as a student.
One of my most motivating goal and dream is to graduate successfully from college in 4 years.
September 11, 2010
1. Write a visualization of the exact moment in your future when you are experiencing the
accomplishment of your biggest goal or dream in your role as a student.
I am at the Northern Illinois campus. I am dres
August 24, 2010
Journal Entry 1
1. In your journal, write the eight areas of the self-assessment and record your scores for each, as
46 1. Accepting personal responsibility
64 2. Discovering self-motivation
40 3. Mastering self-ma